“Capt Travis” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Genesis Charters Day Trips

Genesis Charters Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Genesis Charters is a 5th generation Keys family owned and operated buisness located in Islamorada, Florida Keys. Join Brad Lange and Travis Cooper aboard "Genesis", our custom 43' Norseman sportfish, for the adventure of a lifetime! Genesis is the ultimate charter boat with a safe, comfortable ride and amenities such as clean restroom, comfortable salon area with ample seating, full tuna tower and reliable twin diesel engines.We offer half and full day deep sea fishing charters for Sailfish, Mahi Mahi, Tuna, Wahoo, Marlin, Swordfish, Sharks, Snapper and many other species. We employ several fishing techniques including kite, live bait, drifting, trolling and deep dropping with top of line, well maintained equipment. We know you have many choices when it comes to booking a boat, we pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service. Our crew has decades of experience and works hard to ensure your total enjoyment. No matter your experience or age our team will gladly teach you our techniques and allow you to be as invloved in the fishing as you like.
Medina, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Capt Travis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We chartered a fishing boat with Capt Travis...We had the best time. My whole family went and only my son was a fisherman...Capt Travis made sure we all caught fish and had a great time doing it! I can not wait to return...

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Dean M

Medina, Ohio
“Capt. Travis shows a 16 yr Nicholas the best Birthday Present ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Imagine spending your first day in blue water with you dad, and fishing buddy on your 16th birthday. Sounds great doesn't it? But what if your 1st hook-up is 100 lb White Marlin and you successfully land it? Luck, skill, karma, passion- who knows? All I know is Nicholas was one happy kid thanks to Capt. Travis. His father and walleye fishing team-mate Capt. Gary Zart was so proud I thought he was gonna cry and Travis was almost as excited as Nicholas. The 4 of us fished together for 2 days and hammered 40 more Mahi. Travis is a young, energetic knowledgable Capt. I would put my money on him any time! Thanks for a couple of awesome days on the 30 Seacraft.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Thanks Travis!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Amazing fishing day with Cap. Travis!
I rented the boat for 6 hours and i have to say, we spent the first 3 hours looking for mahi-mahi, when we finally got them, they were smarter than me (you know how fishing is)!
After that we went to a tuna spot... In no more than an hour and a half we got 5 tunas!!! I stop because my belly don't need more than that.
Cap. Travis was very teachy! We talked about almost everything you can learn in that time (baits, weather, spots, season, rods, reels, etc)...
We stayed a little bit more time than we agree and he didn't charge any extra!
We used the 32 feet boat and it was more than enough for the occasion, everything was prepare and set at the accorded time.
When we arrived, Cap. Travis cleaned and set up the tunas just ready to sear a eat!
Outstanding job. I will definitely come back and chart the boat with Cap. Travis.
If you are in the Keys and want to fish, don't think about it and go for it!
Thanks again Cap. Travis.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Georges B
Boca Raton, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Tarpoon and Shark Fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Just returned from an awesome afternoon fishing expedition with Captain Travis and Mate Rick. We had a blast! It's important to me that my boys, ages 8 and 11, catch fish and the crew is patient with adventurous, inquisitive and active children. I was impressed with Travis and Rick's patience and understanding in dealing with my children. On top of that, we caught a nice sized barracuda, and two 300 lb. nurse sharks and other fish. The weather was perfect, the sunset was beautiful ad the boat was spacious and had plenty of shade for when my kids needed a rest. Great trip, highly recommended and I am picky!

Roswell, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun day fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Had a fun day on the water fishing with Captain Travis, Rick and Corey. It started out slowly, but Travis and the crew were able to locate fish for us. Soon enough, we were pulling dolphin in left and right. They were always positive and kept looking for schools even later in the day. I highly recommend using them.

1 Thank Brooks C