“THE PERFECT TROPICAL HIDEWAY”
Review of Casa Morada

Casa Morada
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Roselle, Illinois
“THE PERFECT TROPICAL HIDEWAY”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I spent a week at the Casa Morada on business and it was absolutely wonderful. The staff were probably the most friendly people I have ever encountered and they provided outstanding service. My suite was surprisingly large and gorgeous with a spectacular view of the ocean, and the grounds were immaculate with lots of tropical vegetation. I honestly felt like I was on my own private island, yet there were plenty of places to explore within walking distance. If you are looking for a peaceful and relaxing place to escape, I highly recommend the Casa Morada. It's the perfect place for a romantic get-a-way and I definitely plan to visit them again.

Room Tip: I stayed in two different suites and all of the rooms are gorgeous - you can't go wrong no matte...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank MsDonnaSue2u

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is my third stay with the friendly folks at Casa Morada. The hospitality and cleanliness are only surpassed by the service and blood pressure lowering views. Relaxed in the morning with their outdoor breakfast buffet then enjoyed a private fishing charter they put together. Look forward to my next trip down. I love this place..... Tom H

Room Tip: Rooms on the water for your viewing pleasure
3 Thank tom H
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife and I snuck away for a weekend trip to our usual spot to relax and recharge, Casa Morada, a piece of heaven off the beaten track in Islamorada.

Before we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by a phone call from Stephanie, that we were having our room upgraded to the Jungle Room. It was was much bigger than our last room and had a fairly large outdoor porch and a large jacuzzi. We loved the room and enjoyed sitting on the porch sipping some Champagne.

The property only has 16 rooms so it never feels crowded. Most of the time it feels like you have the whole property to yourself.

This trip we took advantage of the free bicycles and rode for almost an hour and a half exploring the neighborhood and some of the other resorts nearby. We were not looking for a different place to stay, we were just interested in what the competition had to offer. Unfortunately there was no competition.

Next thing you know, our weekend ended much too quickly and we had to leave feeling refreshed with smiles on our faces.

We are going to try to get back sooner for our next getaway.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MLF888
San Diego, California
Reviewed 6 December 2013

the views and the atmosphere were only topped by the incredible service and personal attention we guests received

the pool and the gazebo provided a perfect place to relax and have a business lunch

the ocean breeze was all the air conditioning needed fora great nights sleep

1 Thank gene b
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I've stayed at Casa Morada twice now when coming to the keys - first in the "Iguana" suite, and now in the "Starfish" suite. I can't say enough about the tranquility and service here. If you want to get away from the real world and have total relaxation, pampering and beautiful scenery, it just doesn't get any better. Very intimate and very much a world into itself.

First-off, the location is tucked away on the gulf side of Isle Morada - very quiet and peaceful. Both suites that I've stayed in were unique, spotless, and had their own unique charm with wood floors, large baths and comfort items like robes, top of the line mineral waters,soaps, etc. (Actually, the tub/shower in the Starfish suite is more like a small pool - couldn't quite do "laps" but darn big!)

I thought the grounds were perfect. You feel a bit like you're staying at a private island spa with hammocks between palm trees over sand, but you're also right next to a pristine pool and a deck with a small private bar next to their own boat dock (where you can arrange for a fishing expedition if you'd like). My room overlooked it all - with perhaps 50 feet between the porch and the pool and the dock. Wildlife galore and great sunsets. Incredibly friendly staff too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank M T
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed in Sun room and the view was awesome. Peaceful and serene out on the Island by the pool in the early AM I will not forget, nothing like it. The staff was second to none as they were there to assist or guide in any needs. I cannot wait to go back.

1 Thank Joe M
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Just returned from our 4 day trip to Casa Morada. This was the 1st trip to FL Keys for my wife and I. How lucky we were to have our 1st FL Keys experience be at Casa Morada. The 1st thing you recognize is the incredible service from the hotel staff. We arrived to the resort at 11pm from the airport, and Terry actually called on our drive from Miami to Islamorada to make sure we were ok. Ivette & Terry particularly took great care of us during our stay, helping with any need we had, and giving great dining, sight seeing recommendations. The entire staff is awesome from poolside to the guest service team.

The accomodations were also incredible. We stayed in the Manatee room overlooking the Gulf. I highly encourage you to book a seaview room if possible. The rooms are very nice, and situated so that you feel like you have the resort to yourself. The poolside area, with the various hammocks, and seating is so incredibly relaxing. Its a rare vacation where I (almost) completely "unplug" due to my line of work, but Casa Morada was so relaxing and welcoming that I had to take advantage of the downtime watching the sunset, enjoying the nice breeze from poolside.

The highlight of our trip had to occur literally our last couple hours at Casa Morada. My wife and I were at the poolside enjoying the last few moments of our stay, when low & behold, we see two Manatees (a mother & baby) swimming literally 5 feet away from us next to the pier. They were so close we could almost touch them.

Overall one of our best "getaway" trips in both the States & Carib.
Awesome job Casa Morada team!

- Kim & Kareem

Room Tip: Highly encourage to get a seaview room, if possible to get the "waking up to the picturesque vi...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple