Sorry this has taken so long to post, we have just joined TA. We found the hotel through TA and am so glad we chose this hotel. A truly boutique hotel with super staff. Jessica was a truly lovely lady and Captain Bob provided a wonderful sunset boat trip experience. I thoroughly recommend you skip the usual organised cruises and instead buy a bottle of champagne on site (not wildly expensive ) and treat yourself to this trip. We stayed in what I believe was the Shangri-La suite overlooking the water where we saw manatees and dolphins. This is next to the breakfast area but that was no bother. Guests generally sit quietly absorbing the calm atmosphere, read the paper and enjoy their coffee and croissant. The breakfast is fairly basic but for us was ideal. Lunch is an informal affair at the bar area built over the water. You will meet lovely, like-minded people also enjoying the tranquility. My only tiny reservation is that our particular suite had a beautiful egg shaped bath, but no separate shower cubicle, which is not ideal for hair washing/quick get ready before dinner. For dinner we went to Lorelei (walking distance) which was informal and good fun with entertainment whilst we watched the sunset and into the evening. We travelled on to Key West and had we known what Key West was like we definitely would have pitched up here for longer than 3 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Morada is an upscale sixteen suite privately owned hotel inspired by the informal character of the Caribbean. The atmosphere is private, peaceful, and serene. The staff is known for their warmth and attentiveness. Raymond Jungles, a renowned Miami Landscape Architect known for his natural lush landscapes, designed the award-winning garden spaces throughout the property. The highlight of the resort is Casa Morada's spectacular private island. The island is accessed by a dramatic footbridge and features a fresh water pool, secluded cabana and the Sunset Gazebo bar with stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico. Casa Morada is a 90 minute drive south from Miami International airport and 90 minutes north of Key West. Guests of Casa Morada may also arrive to the hotel by boat. Casa Morada is a pet-friendly hotel and welcomes children 16 and older. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Casa Morada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Morada Hotel Islamorada
- Casa Morada Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys