“Tranquility and Calm”
Review of Casa Morada

Casa Morada
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Sorry this has taken so long to post, we have just joined TA. We found the hotel through TA and am so glad we chose this hotel. A truly boutique hotel with super staff. Jessica was a truly lovely lady and Captain Bob provided a wonderful sunset boat trip experience. I thoroughly recommend you skip the usual organised cruises and instead buy a bottle of champagne on site (not wildly expensive ) and treat yourself to this trip. We stayed in what I believe was the Shangri-La suite overlooking the water where we saw manatees and dolphins. This is next to the breakfast area but that was no bother. Guests generally sit quietly absorbing the calm atmosphere, read the paper and enjoy their coffee and croissant. The breakfast is fairly basic but for us was ideal. Lunch is an informal affair at the bar area built over the water. You will meet lovely, like-minded people also enjoying the tranquility. My only tiny reservation is that our particular suite had a beautiful egg shaped bath, but no separate shower cubicle, which is not ideal for hair washing/quick get ready before dinner. For dinner we went to Lorelei (walking distance) which was informal and good fun with entertainment whilst we watched the sunset and into the evening. We travelled on to Key West and had we known what Key West was like we definitely would have pitched up here for longer than 3 nights.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank holidaygal2014

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We checked in for the New year period on our way further South in The Keys .
From the moment we arrived at this gorgeous boutique resort we both felt immediately at ease and relaxed . Stephanie, equally gorgeous checked us in and gave us a tour of the lovely grounds which combine an Eco , sub tropical feel with that of the archetypal Keys waterfront with privateIsland bar . All of the staff were friendly and the individual rooms were so well designed and camouflaged with subtle vegetation that the feeling was very much one of serenity and seclusion . The rooms all white were comfortable and well fitted out each with a private deck . I only noted a few rooms but when I return I shall ask for Shang ri la as it has a deck right over the boat jetty and island and allows you to take breakfast easily on your own deck . A big plus was the free open wi fi and bikes which were available any time no charge .
This is certainly a fabulous retreat if you wish to unwind in lovely surroundings with super lovely staff . You can always tell when a resort achieves this as the guests always chat and interact with each other in such a relaxed way like you are all sharing a new found secret .
Will I return , I very much hope so , as I said 2 nights was nowhere near enough

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank siezahedley
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights during the week of Thanksgiving and had a great time as always. We have stayed here many times before but I have yet to write a review until now. The rooms are clean and cozy and the staff is amazing and always helpful. They are pet friendly and there is plenty to do if you don't feel like leaving the hotel grounds. Free kayaks and paddle boards and also they have sailboats to take lessons or to go on a sunset sail with. The grounds are gorgeous and the beach and pool area is perfect for relaxing. It's a great getaway for couples or friends. I am always excited to go back. One of my favorite places hands down in Islamorada.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank laynam81
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Now, I am sitting at a Marriott in Key Largo . . . for the same price . . . not even comparable! Do it, pay the $$$ to stay at Casa Morada. It is amazing . . . quaint, quite, immaculate, secluded, peaceful, accommodating, convenient, great restaurants and shopping near by, free snorkeling on site . . . do it, book it now!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jaci0
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in December, and well, we fell in love with this beautiful property. 2 nights was not enough and we are already planning our return trip.

I shifted into pure relaxation-mode the moment we checked in. Seriously, we didn't leave the property once.

If you are in need of some true relaxation, then do yourself a favor and book a stay at Casa Morada.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank diana444
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My husband and I just had an amazing long weekend stay at Casa Morada. I'm pretty sure we took advantage of almost every amenity they offered- from morning yoga to the property's kayaks and bikes. This resort was so calm and intimate; there were times when it felt like we were to only people there. What a difference as compared to the atmosphere when we visited Cheeca Lodge for brunch one day. That chaos made us REALLY appreciate the tranquility we were enjoying at Casa Morada. Casa Morada is definitely catering to couples- I don't think I would stay there if traveling with children. They probably would not be welcomed by the other guests.
The service from reception to checkout was warm and efficient. We spent a lovely evening sunset chatting with Jessica the bartender at the beach bar. The only thing I would have added is some nice bubble bath to have used while enjoying the jacuzzi tub on the screened porch of our room. Can't wait to stay there again!

Room Tip: Every room is different. Do some research on their website before you book.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CraigsOrganizer
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We went there for five nights middle of december, could have not been better, staff did everything to make our stay the most relaxing and enjoyable....captain bill made also a difference, the eco tour as well as sunset sailing was just so terrific, his enthusiasm and knowledge about the area are just superb.....a little tiny thing, little coffe machines in the room would totally complement the excellent picture..again thank you!!!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Coin15
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
#7 of 19 in Islamorada
Drop Anchor Resort
Drop Anchor Resort
#4 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Casa Morada? Share your experiences!