“Great location and cleaner than clean!”
Review of Casa Morada

Casa Morada
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband is not a fan of 'boutique' hotels... And I was pretty nervous about booking it for that reason. Thank you to all the advisors I relied upon because you nailed it....the owners/managers have worked their tails off to create a comfortable experience where you can interact with as many, or few, people as you like.
The outdoor areas were immaculate and the buildings were scrubbed and all looked well maintained and freshly painted. We stayed two nights and enjoyed the well planned amenities that included a beach carry bag, snacks, and chilled water.
Like a few other reviewers, we found our room a little stark and under decorated. I love modern or retro furnishings, but I thought I was going to loose my husband upon the first impression of the front sitting room. Wouldn't take very much to spiff it up a little bit. On the other hand the bed was marvelous and the OCD side of me totally relaxed because of how spotless it was.
Langley, we felt safe and appreciated.. The coffee and breakfast were beautifully presented and very good.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mwilaby
There are newer reviews for Casa Morada

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I've stayed there numerous times over the last 10 years. Always my #1 go to place for a perfect Keys getaway. I always try to take a different room, they are all very unique. Service is first class. Staff I very attentive.

• Stayed: February 2014
8  Thank NcMountainrider
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This property is in such a beautiful location. There isn't a huge amount to do in Islamorada so this is the place to come for pure relaxation. All staff were extremely friendly and check in was a breeze, the lady who runs the bar, unfortunately I can't remember her name was lovely and a pleasure to chat to. We were staying in a garden room which was spacious and had a balcony to sit out on, although there is no view due to the trees. The grounds are beautiful and the island where the pool on is the perfect relaxation location, especially in the hammocks. There are bikes that you can borrow and we did this for an hour or so one day just to have an explore of the area. Whilst there we ate at the Morada Bay cafe which has tables on the beach which was very nice. It is about a 10-15 minute walk away. If going out at night take a torch for the darker spots, there was one provided in our room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Claretp
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My fiance and I did a week-long roadtrip from Miami to Key West. Casa Morada was far and away the highlight of the trip for me...even despite gross (cold and rainy) weather. Upon our arrival, we were greeted with mimosas and a complimentary upgrade to a gorgeous and zen room with orchids, a jaccuzzi and a huge private balcony. I wanted to just move to Islamorada right then and there. Truly a boutique, unique, calming, beautiful and tasteful place. Malin + Goetz bath products (cilantro! rum! peppermint!) make you feel like you are having a spa day. Captain Bill led us on a gorgeous and very informative eco tour where we held baby seahorses and baby lobster...and learned all about mangroves and the Keys' ecosystem. A very unique experience!

We will certainly be back, and with luck the weather will cooperate and let us take full advantage of this gem of a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank TheBroadAbroad
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stopped off on our way from Miami to Key West. It was so nice we stopped ther for another two nights on our way back. Good size rooms..we had a garden room with a jacuzzi on the balcony which was great fun.We made use of the free bikes.cycling to restaurants/bars in the evening ,the paddle boards, the snorkels and fins. They have a great collection of dvds which we also made use of. The pool /bar and doc area were beautiful (so much so they had a model fashion shoot one day capturing the beautiful views). The staff were lovely . We would go back there at the drop of a hat!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mimramtrout
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Sorry this has taken so long to post, we have just joined TA. We found the hotel through TA and am so glad we chose this hotel. A truly boutique hotel with super staff. Jessica was a truly lovely lady and Captain Bob provided a wonderful sunset boat trip experience. I thoroughly recommend you skip the usual organised cruises and instead buy a bottle of champagne on site (not wildly expensive ) and treat yourself to this trip. We stayed in what I believe was the Shangri-La suite overlooking the water where we saw manatees and dolphins. This is next to the breakfast area but that was no bother. Guests generally sit quietly absorbing the calm atmosphere, read the paper and enjoy their coffee and croissant. The breakfast is fairly basic but for us was ideal. Lunch is an informal affair at the bar area built over the water. You will meet lovely, like-minded people also enjoying the tranquility. My only tiny reservation is that our particular suite had a beautiful egg shaped bath, but no separate shower cubicle, which is not ideal for hair washing/quick get ready before dinner. For dinner we went to Lorelei (walking distance) which was informal and good fun with entertainment whilst we watched the sunset and into the evening. We travelled on to Key West and had we known what Key West was like we definitely would have pitched up here for longer than 3 nights.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank holidaygal2014
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We checked in for the New year period on our way further South in The Keys .
From the moment we arrived at this gorgeous boutique resort we both felt immediately at ease and relaxed . Stephanie, equally gorgeous checked us in and gave us a tour of the lovely grounds which combine an Eco , sub tropical feel with that of the archetypal Keys waterfront with privateIsland bar . All of the staff were friendly and the individual rooms were so well designed and camouflaged with subtle vegetation that the feeling was very much one of serenity and seclusion . The rooms all white were comfortable and well fitted out each with a private deck . I only noted a few rooms but when I return I shall ask for Shang ri la as it has a deck right over the boat jetty and island and allows you to take breakfast easily on your own deck . A big plus was the free open wi fi and bikes which were available any time no charge .
This is certainly a fabulous retreat if you wish to unwind in lovely surroundings with super lovely staff . You can always tell when a resort achieves this as the guests always chat and interact with each other in such a relaxed way like you are all sharing a new found secret .
Will I return , I very much hope so , as I said 2 nights was nowhere near enough

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple