My husband is not a fan of 'boutique' hotels... And I was pretty nervous about booking it for that reason. Thank you to all the advisors I relied upon because you nailed it....the owners/managers have worked their tails off to create a comfortable experience where you can interact with as many, or few, people as you like.
The outdoor areas were immaculate and the buildings were scrubbed and all looked well maintained and freshly painted. We stayed two nights and enjoyed the well planned amenities that included a beach carry bag, snacks, and chilled water.
Like a few other reviewers, we found our room a little stark and under decorated. I love modern or retro furnishings, but I thought I was going to loose my husband upon the first impression of the front sitting room. Wouldn't take very much to spiff it up a little bit. On the other hand the bed was marvelous and the OCD side of me totally relaxed because of how spotless it was.
Langley, we felt safe and appreciated.. The coffee and breakfast were beautifully presented and very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Morada is an upscale sixteen suite privately owned hotel inspired by the informal character of the Caribbean. The atmosphere is private, peaceful, and serene. The staff is known for their warmth and attentiveness. Raymond Jungles, a renowned Miami Landscape Architect known for his natural lush landscapes, designed the award-winning garden spaces throughout the property. The highlight of the resort is Casa Morada's spectacular private island. The island is accessed by a dramatic footbridge and features a fresh water pool, secluded cabana and the Sunset Gazebo bar with stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico. Casa Morada is a 90 minute drive south from Miami International airport and 90 minutes north of Key West. Guests of Casa Morada may also arrive to the hotel by boat. Casa Morada is a pet-friendly hotel and welcomes children 16 and older. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Morada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Morada Hotel Islamorada
- Casa Morada Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys