Casa Morada is a wonderful gem largely due to the amazing staff and equally amazing location. For those who like small, intimate, B&B, personal places to stay, this is where you need to go. Making a reservation takes a few emails back and forth, but response rates are impressive. I found this place via a picture in Conde Nast of the basket seat hanging at reception, and then came to Trip Advisor to find all the amazing ratings. We came here for my husband's birthday weekend - he's never stayed anywhere but Key West, but really enjoyed our time here. We kayaked, snorkeled, rode bicycles, swam in the pool, relaxed, laid in the hammocks, and went out for some great meals nearby (including Morada Beach Café). Even though the hotel was full, we felt like we had the place to ourselves. The continental breakfast was simple, but elegantly presented. The rooms could do with a little upgrading (i.e. flat screen TV's on the wall, walk in showers versus tubs with curtains) but frankly, this stuff simply does not detract from the serenity of the resort. And as said already, the staff wrap it all up with wonderful, personal and truly caring service. I would love to own and operate a boutique B&B like this one day - they really have devised a perfect formula.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Morada is an upscale sixteen suite privately owned hotel inspired by the informal character of the Caribbean. The atmosphere is private, peaceful, and serene. The staff is known for their warmth and attentiveness. Raymond Jungles, a renowned Miami Landscape Architect known for his natural lush landscapes, designed the award-winning garden spaces throughout the property. The highlight of the resort is Casa Morada's spectacular private island. The island is accessed by a dramatic footbridge and features a fresh water pool, secluded cabana and the Sunset Gazebo bar with stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico. Casa Morada is a 90 minute drive south from Miami International airport and 90 minutes north of Key West. Guests of Casa Morada may also arrive to the hotel by boat. Casa Morada is a pet-friendly hotel and welcomes children 16 and older. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Casa Morada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Morada Hotel Islamorada
- Casa Morada Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys