We stayed at La Jolla the week after Easter. Our group consisted of three families. We choose La Jolla based on many of the reviews we read here on Tripadvisor. We, also, choose La Jolla for the affordability, the fishing pier and the free bikes, kayaks and paddle boards.
We loved this motel, and that is what it is a motel. No restaurant, no tiki bar, no room service...but so relaxing, well kept, and friendly. The sunsets from the beach(gulf side) were beautiful. We loved the free bikes, kayaks and paddle boards. It was so nice not to spend $50 to go paddle around whenever you felt like it. The bikes were plentiful, and in good condition. We swam and lounged in rafts off the dock. I will agree I would prefer a sandy, walk in beach but that is hard and expensive to come by in the Keys. There are restaurants within walking or biking distance from La Jolla. Great breakfast and lunch place Mangrove Mike's right next to La Jolla.
Scott and his wife who manage the motel are awesome. If you need something just ask or you might not even have to ask. The first night we were there, we were sitting outside our friend's room and the other family arrived. Scott came over carrying some extra patio chairs without us asking him. He takes pride in the property, and wants his guests to have a relaxing Keys experience. This is not a resort vacation...and I do love a resort vacation. This is a true, relaxing, I don't need to blow dry my hair vacation...after the winter we had in New Jersey it was exactly what I wanted and needed!
I will return to La Jolla. Definitely, the rooms closer to the water are more desirable. To those who have had some negative reviews, I would suggest if you need something ask. This is not a chain resort...but you would be surprised how happy you might be with a smile and a question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Bayfront Islamorada Resort featuring efficiencies and apartments within walking & biking distance to all of Islamorada's top shopping, nightlife and dining. Our guests also enjoy FREE use of our kayaks, paddleboards and bicycles during their stay. Whether you are looking for a quiet island retreat or want to experience all Islamorada has to offer on the water or off, it all begins at La Jolla Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your La Jolla Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Jolla Hotel Islamorada
- La Jolla Resort Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys