“Pearl in the Keys”

Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in Islamorada
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Charming French cafe in the heart of Islamorada! EVERY DAY FROM 7AM to 5PM Crepes, homemade Italian gelato, salads, sandwiches. French bakery and the best espresso! Kids corner, Free WI-FI and latest magazines for your review... Take out - Boat lunch boxes - light catering.
“Pearl in the Keys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We received a glowing recommendation about this charming place in Islamorada and had a chance to visit it last weekend. We were charged with ordering sandwiches for a boating trip with some French friends - a tough crowd. Bitton Bistro Cafe was the perfect choice. The night before we went through the menu and made decisions. Called up the next morning and ordered -- great young lady took the order. We get there and Michel Bitton is finishing up the sandwiches; so I order a cappuccino and two pain au chocolat for my wife and me (later on the pain au chocolat). Sandwiches perfectly wrapped in a bag and off we go.

Capuccino was delicious and the petit pain au chocolat were amazing. Perfectly crisp on the outside and exquisite on the inside. As good as you get in France.

The sandwiches: we were all on the water and hungry so perhaps the senses were on fire but these sandwiches were outstanding. My wife and I ordered the Lyon - baguette with rosette de lyon hard salami, gruyere and dijon. Simple but amazing. Baguette was extraordinary even in the heat and humidity of the Keys. Others had the Paris - french ham with gruyere and dijon - and the Rustic - pate, dijon and cornichons.

The friend who recommended Bitton says the crepes are amazing.

Highly highly recommended.

• Visited July 2014

Mount Sterling, Kentucky
“Good but pricy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This place is worth trying once. We will maybe go back on our next trip in December. I would say it would be a for sure stop if the owner wasn't kind of rude. I do have to agree with some reviews about that, which is why I am giving 4 stars. The girl who waited on us was nice, but the owner seemed to be annoyed that she would stay at our table talking to us about other things than the restaurant. I bought one of the paintings on the wall, & even though the price said $25.00, I was charged $35.00. I went back in the restaurant before we left & he refused to see it said $25.00, I didn't argue because there wasn't much use, the owner clearly did not care! That is my only huge complaint!

The prices, we could see, so I can't complain about that, except for the whip cream, which we thought was included with our Crepes, & it tuned out it was $3.00 each extra. Our bill came to $92.00, so it was around $57.00 without the painting. The food is good, but the prices are really high. I think he could come down on the prices a little.

New Jersey
“Quaint and pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

What a lovely respite from the grimy dinginess of so many places on Islamorada. We were convinced that the only places to eat here were extremely high-end or extremely dive-y and scary. By the time we ventured here for breakfast we had zero expectations and a lot of trepidation because so many spots here have great reviews but disappointed greatly. Bitton Bistro was the perfect breakfast spot. A large selection of coffee, tea and juices, beautiful pastries, and a menu of crepes a mile long. We had shrimp quiche with a fresh green salad and the Lorraine crepe. Excellent! Great service and peaceful European style atmosphere. I'd go there every morning if we were staying longer. Highly recommend.

Ft. Lauderdale
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I love this restaurant, everything I ate there was amazing. I had their crepes twice, the ham and cheese was so big it didn't even fit on the plate. The nutella & bananas are so good you will go back just for those. They have wonderful french pasteries that you can take with you back to your motel. So many choices and each one is better than the last one.

I never did get a chance to taste their quiche but others around me said it was the best they had ever eaten. I have been to France 6 times and this food is even better than what I bought there. They also have gelato which my boyfriend had and it was awesome.

The waitress that was working at the time was such a sweetheart, The man that was doing the cooking I would guess is the owner. He is also very nice and chatted with us for a few minutes. They are only open for Breakfast & Lunch, sure wish they were open later since I would have eaten there for dinner as well. This is a place that I will stop at even if I am going further south.

• Visited June 2014
“Rediculous crepes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

These crepes are no joke authentic (or as much as an American can now authentic French to be) crepes. Great hospitality between the savory or the sweet crepes you can't go wrong both are awesome. Highly suggested for breakfast as you're traveling south. I would go here time and time again.

1 Thank kevin w