“Delicious sushi!”
Review of Nikai Sushi

Nikai Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Nikai Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A taste of the far east comes to the shores of Islamorada at Nikai, located at Cheeca Lodge & Spa. In addition to tantalizing nigiri, sashimi, and specialty rolls, the new Nikai delivers expertly crafted Japanese cuisine through fresh ingredients, locally and internationally sourced fish, spices and vegetables to create a dining experience the melds the art of sushi and Japanese cooking with the flavors of the Florida Keys. Menu highlights include Wahoo, Tataki, Tuna Poke Bowls, Scallop Shooters, creative Ramen dishes and tableside Robata Grill. A creative, Asian-inspired bar program featuring Saki, beers and craft cocktails further elevates this vegetable and seafood-fusion dining experience to new heights.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Sushi was VERY good! Rolls were creative and tasty. I think we ate our order in less than 10 minutes. Service was a bit slow but very nice servers. They open at 1800 and only have 6 tables and 6 bars seats with no reservation, and can get quite busy. Even if you have to wait, you can enjoy a drink outside looking at the ocean, not bad at all :) - Definately will return.

1  Thank Atlgrlnoslo

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nestled inside of the Cheeca Lodge makes for a nice, quiet, romantic date night. The selection of rolls was adequate and the sushi was very fresh!!

1  Thank Melissa S
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Go to Cheeca Lodge and visit Dana who prepared the best sushi my husband and I have ever had. Be sure to get The Luxe, The Bonsai, The Truffled Tuna, The Samurai and The Happy Buddha. We were only there for a few days but hit the sushi bar after dinner on multiple occasions.

1  Thank Audrey D
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at The Cheeca Lodge and had the incredible pleasure of dining at Nikai. We live in New York and travel extensively, so we have access to a lot of great sushi, but this was a huge step up. The menu wasn't complicated or overly extensive, it was just plain fabulous, fresh and memorable. All of their sauces are made fresh daily and their fish selection was spectacular. We ate at Nikai twice during our stay, but it was all we could do, not to go every night.
I could not recommend this more highly. The chefs are lovely young guys from the Great Plains...go figure. It's so worth the trip.

2  Thank Celia1ontheroad
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Delicious! I Presentation, food, drinks, service was excellent ! And I have tried Sushi once before in Florida and didn't like it . Now I love it. Might have to go back to get their Sushi ;-)

1  Thank Leeni2014