My husband, 12 year old son and I stayed at Pines and Palms for 5 nights, Mar. 22-27, 2007. Since our 9:30 am flight was canceled, we were not even sure if we were going to be able to get down there. We called and told Ana (the manager) what was going on and she could not have been nicer. She assured us that we would have our room no matter what time it was. A few hours later Bonnie called to see how we were doing, again assuring us not to worry. When we finally got on a plane at 6:00 pm, I called Bonnie and told her we were on our way. We finally arrived there at around 12:30 am. We were exhausted from such a long day. The office was closed, but an envelope was at the door with our name on it. When we got to our room, the lights were on, the beds turned down, music playing from the radio and a sign saying "Welcome, we're so glad you made it!"
Pine and Palms gives you a true, authentic Florida Keys experience. There are not many places like it anymore. It is quiet and laid back, comfortable like home and very neat and clean. We were in cottage # 7 right on the ocean near the pool. We never needed to turn the a/c on. There was always a lovely breeze, so we had the windows open and the ceiling fan overhead. You're at the ocean.......enjoy that clean salt air! You can request a grill from the office and they'll bring a nice Weber. We cooked steaks (that we bought at Winn-Dixie) one night and had a delicious dinner outdoors on our patio. We enjoyed the company of some very nice people that were staying in other cottages. The pool is heated and the pool area is very neat. I don't think there were any vacancies but you never felt crowded. The beach area was raked and picked up every morning.
The people that work there could not be more pleasant. If you needed anything Ana, Steph or Bonnie would try to help you or give you suggestions. I disagree with a previous reviewer that said it is not for active families. Perhaps they were looking for a hotel that directed all their activities. To us it was great to unwind and let the stress fall away. There are many choices of things to do in and around Islamorada. After a busy day, we were so happy to come back to our little cottage and listen to the wind blow through the pines, relax with a book on an adirondack chair at the end of the pier or try to catch small crabs hidden in the rocks (my son).
Okay, it is not the Ritz. It's not the Hampton or the Hilton. But all those places are homogenous, they could be anywhere. Pines and Palms is special and cozy and a home away from home. I hope we will have a chance to go back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cottages and Suites from 1 to 3 bedrooms in a village-like tropical setting on the Atlantic Ocean in Islamorada. All accommodations come with a full kitchen and free dockage if you bring or rent a boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Pines and Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pines And Palms Hotel Islamorada
- Pines And Palms Resort Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys