“Great time on the Fearless!”

Fearless Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: FEARLESS FISHING is a custom built Conch 27' powered by a 2013 Yamaha 350 hp engine with Captain Joe Hendrix at the helm. We specialize in Offshore and Reef/Wreck Fishing in Islamorada, Florida Keys. We are available for full day, half day and 3/4 day charters. Sailfish, Wahoo, Dolphin (Mahi Mahi), Sharks, Kingfish, Tuna, Blue & White Marlin, Yellowtail, Mutton Snapper, King Mackerel, Grouper, Cobia, Tarpon, etc. are among the many fish you can go after.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I normally don't do reviews but I felt compelled to write one for my outstanding fishing trip on the Fearless. I fished with Captain Joe on June 17, 2014 and I must say, it was an absolute blast. We fished for a 3/4th day and caught lots of Mahi, even one in the 15lb range. Captain Joe was really laid back and an all around nice guy. Furthermore, he was extremely quick and efficient with finding the fish, baiting the rods and unhooking the fish once you got them to the boat. I would definitely recommend going out on the Fearless if you are looking for a charter in Islamorada.

1  Thank Austin H
There are newer reviews for Fearless Fishing Charters

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We went out on the 9th of June with Capt Joey on the Fearless! I have fished with him for the last 3 years in a row and it was always a blast! The boat is great - you are the first out there, Capt Joey is a super guy and the fishing has been phenomenal on every trip. On this trip we slaughtered the Mahi and hit the limit prior noon. He offers a great deal due to the "smaller, but faster" boat and the guy is super nice. His wife Christine manages the fb page, so go take a look!
Fearless Fishing Charters, always a great day out fishing!!! Cheers to Capt Joey and Christine!!!

Bull, Jen, Rene & Tommy

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Captain canceled several times during 20mph winds, but wouldn't schedule an alternative to deep-sea. It's not like his boat drafts that much water where he can't do some inshore. Wasted my time postponing w/him instead of booking another charter.

2  Thank RabbitTurtle
FearlessFishing, Owner at Fearless Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

We are very upset about the unfair Trip Advisor Review Chris Sullivan left.
The week he was here was one of the windiest weeks we have seen in the Keys in a long time. The day of the charter Chris and Capt. Joe BOTH agreed not to go out there because it was way too windy and dangerous. Capt. Joe has to look out for the customers safety first as well as his boat (for insurance reasons we are not even allowed out in small craft advisories which there was that whole week!) Many of the much bigger boats in the marina even canceled that day.
After trying to reschedule with Chris several times, the weather was still so bad and it just wasn't safe or a good idea to head out there in our size boat (27' Conch).
He would have loved to take Chris inshore fishing, but he is limited to only certain areas because he doesn't have a park permit and his boat does draw a lot more than the flats boats do as well as that he doesn't fit under a lot of bridges the smaller boats do. He could have just taken Chris's money and done some fishing under a bridge, but he wouldn't do that because that's not right.
We understand that Chris was mad about not getting to go fishing and if Capt. joe could have taken him, he certainly would have, because if he doesn't fish he doesn't make money. No other sensible captain would have taken Chris offshore with those high winds and waves.
If you read Capt. Joe's other reviews then you will clearly see that he is a stand up guy who will do the right thing for our business and for his customers.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

On May 6th I took 3 Clients fishing on the Fearless.

On a day where other boats were radioing each other frantically trying to find fish, Captain Hendrix put us on Dolphin and then hooked us up with some hard fighting Blackfin Tuna. The Weather was great and we returned to the Marina and sent my clients home and happy with fresh fillets! We are looking forward to chartering again on the Fearless!

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

First time ever in Islamorada and we were looking for a smaller offshore boat (27' center console) for the three of us instead of paying $1200-1500 for a normal charter. Definitely was the right choice! Capt. Joey Hendrix was ready and waiting for us and we were the first boat out of the marina. We were able to see an awesome sunrise on our way to get some bait. The seas were a bit rough, but having some experience on the water ourselves, we were able to hang in there without getting sick. We tried to fish the hump and bite was slow. So Joey took us out another 4-5 miles to a better spot. We trolled for a few hours and hooked up about 12-15 times on blackfin tuna, Bonita, and skipjack. Lost a few due to barracuda and sharks chomping them on the way up. Also was able to see a 8-10 ft shark on the surface chasing my fish, but he wasn't fast enough, I landed it! After a few hours here, we went back to the hump and set up the kites. My friends landed two nice Bonita's and the bite slowed. They were beginning to feel the affects of the rougher seas and were ready to call it a day, then boom! Sailfish on! I grabbed the rod and it was on! Fought it for about 20-30 minutes and got it next to the boat. Joey had the leader and the sail shook it's head, cutting the leader. My first ever sailfish and an experience I will never forget! Thanks Captain Joey!
Mike W.