“Dive shop done right!!”

Ranked #14 of 156 Tours in Islamorada
Duluth, Minnesota
“Dive shop done right!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Islamorada Dive Center truly did it right. Two new and reliable newton dive boats, attractive dive shop, knowledgable staff, good tank fills and an all around friendly atmosphere for a great day of diving. They will take care of you from the second you call or walk in, hands down the shop to dive with in Islamorada. During my four month visit to the keys I was able to dive with them often and they made my time in paradise unforgettable. Check out their website and see what they have booked for the day, or give them a call, you will not be disappointed.

Visited January 2014

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Awesome Week with IDC”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Eric and his staff have created a world-class operation! The shop is well-equipped, the boat and site briefings were thorough and the dives were all excellent. The crew took extra cautions with our camera gear, especially on the fuller dives. The dive guides went at a comfortable pace and found plenty of interesting marine creatures to observe. Our week with IDC was a truly great experience.

Orlando, Florida
“Awesome "PADI Open Water Certification" Experience”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We drove down from Orlando to spend Saturday and Sunday getting our PADI Open water certification. We had done our bookwork online prior to arriving.
Even the phone calls made setting up our weekend was received with friendly and incredibly helpful staff that seemed genuinely concerned with our experience being the best it could be.
Once in Islamorada, the entire staff was professional, knowledgeable, patient, gentle, and fun.
Within our group of four getting our open water certification, we had a few issues with nerves and panic attacks, but Patrick, our trainer, handled the whole thing with grace and care. It could not have been a more perfect fit for us.
The boats and facilities were quite nice and the dive sites that we were taken to were well inhabited by marine life including sharks, turtles and lobsters. The instruction we received in the water was as comfortable and controlled as it was in the preliminary pool instruction. We always felt safe and confident in the leadership of our instructor.
We stayed on property at the Postcard Inn, which I also recommend. This allowed us to be able to park our car and leave it for the weekend. There are several restaurants to nourish and bars to keep you entertained when you are not out on the water.

This was literally the picture perfect experience and we could not have asked for a better weekend. Kudos the the Islamorada Dive Center staff and a special shout-out to Patrick.

We CANNOT WAIT to return and get our next PADI certification with Islamorada Dive Center!

Visited June 2014
Alexandria
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Dive Op”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I went down to Islamorada for a dive vacation with some friends. We used IDC and it was very good. We're experienced divers and photographers. You bring your gear the first day, and they will take care of it for the rest of your vacation. They switch your gear over between dives. There are other operations that do this, but mostly in Caribbean dive resorts. They usually had a staffer in the water to take cameras and fins from you before you climb up the ladder.

Their boats are nice. Rides are about 30 minutes. Dive sites ranged from the Eagle (110 feet to the sand) to Alligator (25 feet). Alligator in particular had an amazing variety of fish, coral, and sponges.

I'll be back.

Astoria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“First Dive With IDC-Fun Time!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My boyfriend and I dove with IDC a couple weeks ago and both of us were really happy with both the dives and the crew. I reached out to Eric a couple months before our travel and told him about a freak-out I had while in the Bahamas on a Discover Scuba course. I have a little bit of a panic thing at times. He assured me it would be no problem and that I was in good hands. I was really determined to get down and enjoy myself. Pool course for me (my boyfriend is certified) and then the both of us would dive 2x in the afternoon. Perfect!

IDC was a short (2 minute) walk from our room at the Post Card Inn (nice place)
Staff is super nice and friendly and down to earth. Mark would be my instructor for the day and we were joined by Chanelle and Dirk, who would both be working at the dive shop for the summer. Pool session was great. Mark was super clear with his instruction, was patient, confident and knowledgable. I also told them that I can some times get a bit nervous, but this was something that I really wanted to do.. they were all "We got you".
Boat out with the pool crew and Stacey from the shop who would be assisting-some other certified divers too, but in a separate group. Eric was the captain for the day.
First dive I was about 5 feet from the bottom then by nerves got the best of me. Mark did his best to calm me down but I needed to get up. From what I heard it was fun down there :(
SECOND DIVE--I felt like I might freak out and need to go up, but listen, Mark was all "hold up, lets just breath for a minute"--minus the actual speech but you get the picture, and we did and it was AWESOME. So, so good. My pool buddies were happy, b/f happy, me happy, I held his hand pretty much the entire time, but whatever. I was so mad when I had to come up like, no way we had been down that long.
Long story longer, I set out to overcome a fear and the folks at IDC helped me achieve that.
While I was on the boat after my failed first dive I was pretty mad at myself. Stacey was encouraging and said, you know "We all do the best we can, no need to be upset". Sweet, supportive and professional in and out of the water.
We hope to be back soon.