“Awesome Half Day!”
Review of Sweetwater Charters - CLOSED

Sweetwater Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: When you come to the Florida Keys and fish aboard Sweetwater Charter, it's your boat for the day. That means we will do whatever it takes to put you on the fish you came to the Florida Keys to catch. So whether you decide to head offshore and pursuit big game fish, or to stay closer to shore and fish the calm reefs for dinner, we will customize your trip to fit your Florida Keys fishing needs. We provide a family friendly charter fishing environment for anglers all ages and skill levels.
Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome Half Day!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The concierge at our hotel recommended Captain Geoffrey Campbell and we arranged an early morning charter on our last day in the Keys so we would be able to go home with dinner in our almost empty ice chest (we had saved a few cervezas since it was Cinco de Mayo). We were not disappointed having caught ten yellowtail snapper! Captain Geoffrey and his mate Adam took good care of us throughout the morning explaining what he was doing and why since my wife and I are not experienced. Even better, though, was how he cleaned and fileted the fish plus giving us cooking suggestions (which we followed later) after we docked. There are many charter boats in Islamorada, but we were glad we went with Sweetwater.

Visited May 2014

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Awesome & Unique Experience”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was hosting a March 3rd, 2014 Fishing Trip. When Captain Geoffrey asked "What would you like to do today?", he was subtly making the statement that he delivers! ....and he and his mate did!!! I've been fishing since I was five (72 years) and wanted the trip to be special, not only for me, but also for my friends Jonathon, Bob, Bill, and Pearce. I named the target fish, and Capt.Geof delivered! ... Blackfin Tuna, Tilefish, and beautiful Queen Snapper! We rarely saw other boats that day, as Capt Geof was not just putting your traditional tourist expedition in play, but a truly unique effort! Back at the dock we appeared to be the envy of every other captain that witnessed our catch. Just to "bust their chops", I suggested that they spend some time with our captain. As a word about the "Sweetwater", I've owned class fishing boats all my life, and Capt Geof has beautifully set up a 33 ft Sportfish in a way that you may never see elsewhere. The Sweetwater with Capt Geoffrey at the helm, is highly recommended!

Visited March 2014
Ocala, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Afternoon of Fun Fishing”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We had a great afternoon of fishing. Caught lots of yellow tail snapper, some mangrove snapper and then landed a 6 ft. black tip shark. 3 of our party rallied with the shark for 40 minutes before we got pictures and let it go. It was the first time fishing for 3 of us. Geoffrey and Charlie were great teachers and fun to spend the day with. The boat is perfect and they supply everything you need to catch the fish you want. Highly recommend.

Visited February 2014
Fenton, Michigan
“Islamorada Fishing at Its Best!!!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We had been on ten deep-sea fishing trips here in the Keys and never caught a sailfish. Geoffrey promised us a sailfish the day before we went out for a full day of fishing aboard the Sweetwater and he delivered with not one, but FIVE sailfish!!! We also caught a King Mackerel, some yellow tail snapper, and a grouper. Captain Geoffrey and his first mates have been fishing in the keys their whole lives and it shows when they get out on the water. They communicated and worked together very well. They're awesome guys and great to be around all day.
I highly recommend the Sweetwater and its crew to anyone looking to fish in the Keys.

Visited December 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Trip”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Captain Geoffrey was recommended to us by our hotel. We reserved an afternoon half day trip for the 4 of us - 2 adults, 2 kids. The location is perfect - the kids loved the aquarium and the marina at World Wide Sportsman. Geoffrey let the kids feed the tarpon as we got ready to go. The boat is beautiful and the tackle is top notch. He took time to show us how to catch bait and rig the rods. As soon as we anchored on the reef fish were all around the boat. For the next 3 hours we caught yellow tails, mangrove snapper, barracudas, sharks and grouper. We had a blast and learned a ton - cant wait to go again with him.

Visited November 2013