“Awesome afternoon!”
Review of Grouchy Turtle - CLOSED

Grouchy Turtle
More attraction details
Owner description: Cruising and living aboard a catamaran...with Sparky the boat dog!
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband booked us an afternoon snorkeling trip. We happen to be the only 2 booked for that trip so we had the boat to ourselves!
We had an amazing trip! When we arrived at the reef we were immediately able to see coral and fish right from the back of the boat! We were able to see lots of different species of fish and corals, we even saw a turtle and nurse shark swimming around the edge of the reef.
Going in the afternoon allowed us to have the reef to ourselves. We can't wait to book another trip with Chris. We sadly didn't get to meet Darlene or Sparky on our trip, but that's something else for us to look forward to on the next trip.

1  Thank Nicole M

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Had a great time on board the Turtle.Awesome snorkel and kayak tour! Great boat, Great Capt and Mate, and Sparky of course! We will definitely be returning! Great time!!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a great afternoon snorkeling on the Grouchy Turtle in mid June 2014. We took a 2 hour trip out to the Hen and Chickens reef just east of Islamorada. Chris and Darlene were great. Darlene was very helpful onboard, ensuring all knew what they had to know about the boat in regard to accommodations and safety and also ensuring the comfort of all the guests on board. Chris was a great guide in the water, ensuring all were safe and seeing all that could be seen on the reef. There are cheaper trips available in the area, but in our view, the smaller group, additional attention and the fact this was a sailboat trip made it worthwhile.

1  Thank TomAndLaura210
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Chris and Darlene were VERY nice and accomodating. My son and I were running over 20 minutes late driving up from Big Pine Key, but they were very accomodating. Fortunately, we were the only ones booked for the trip and they did not cut the trip short. The reason we drove over an hour is because all the snorkel trips in Big Pine already left at 1 pm. They were the only ones that offered a late afternoon snorkel trip at 4 pm. Also, I did not want to go on a boat that had 50 snorkelers on it. Chris's boat can take up to 6 people. We went to Hens and Chickens for an hour, then headed back. Chris went in the water with us and guided us. My son had fun with their dog, Sparky. I would highly recommend them to anyone and would book with them again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Chris and Darline do an awesome tour. They know the reef and pay attention to every detail of the trip. Our group had a great time and definitely want to go back. Could not ask for a better day of snorkling.