All reviews key west island grill adirondack chairs hog heaven full kitchen palm trees sandy area boat ramp old florida nice pool small room laid back queen bed sea wall old school one night stay living area
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I chose this property due to the great reviews that it received on this site, and I will agree with all of the positive comments one hundred percent. It is, without a doubt, a well-cared for property with wonderful outdoor seating right on the ocean. There is no swimming in the sea, but this is pretty much the case throughout the Keys. As we sat outside the first night, with the property illuminated in such a way that enhanced the experience, my review was glowing. We had eaten a late lunch so our dinner consisted of stuff we had picked up at a local grocery store, and we were happy to sit outside and enjoy it all. That first night I dreamed that there was someone in our room talking to us, and when I "woke up" the next morning, I couldn't get over how real it had been. The second night we were awakened by our "roommates" next door having sex at 1:00 a.m. And as we lay there listening to them for the next several hours (yes, youth has its advantages!) my review changed dramatically. The primary thing I look for in any lodging situation is a good night's sleep. This couple had every right to enjoy their vacation, and this is certainly not something one can go to the management to be solved. The issue here is that the wall between Unit 16 and 15 is not sound proofed enough to allow both sides to sleep properly. I realized, of course, that the dream of people talking in my room the night before had actually been people talking in THAT room! It is my opinion that Unit 15 should not be rented out separately! It should be part of Unit 16 (there is a door that can be used between the rooms, which also doesn't help the sound situation) and then my review would have remained favorable as I would have received the proper night sleep that I was looking for. This does, of course, only pertain to that unit. I have not stayed in any of the other rooms, and the freestanding trailer that was right next door looked mighty appealing as it had no shared walls, so I am not saying I wouldn't return, but I absolutely would not rent Unit 16 again!

Room Tip: Unit 16, while a great option for families using 15 as well, should be avoided as two separate units.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa S
Drop_Anchor_Resort, Owner at Drop Anchor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

I as the owner am pleased this customer brought this to our attention . We are fixing this problem immediately putting in better Sound proofing between rooms so that this sound problem will not occur in the future.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed one night here in January. Although it might not look like much from the road, this little hotel has lots of character. Our room was very clean and spacious. Despite being close to the road it was also incredibly quiet. We stayed in a much much more expensive hotel in Key West but enjoyed our stay at the Drop Anchor exponentially more! The Drop Anchor is an incredible value for the price - especially in terms of the Keys!

There is a cute little beach area, pool and hammocks out back. It was still a bit cold so we didn't get the chance to take full advantage of everything. I would recommend the Drop Anchor to any family, solo traveler or couple without hesitation!

Even though we found the hotel through priceline.com, when we arrived the super friendly staff told us we had been upgraded to a larger suite facing the water with it's own patio and recliner chairs! The next morning I had gone to the office to buy coffees (I didn't realize there was free coffee in the room), even though the office didn't open for an hour and I interrupted the manager cooking his breakfast, he was nice enough to let me in for coffee.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa K
Drop_Anchor_Resort, Manager at Drop Anchor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay! I will pass your review along to staff who very much appreciate the acknowledgment of a job well done! We can't wait for your future stay when travels bring you back to Islamorada!

Best Regards!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

This was our 2nd annual week at Drop Anchor. Will be back . Just a good bang for the buck! Owner lives on premises and the place is spotless. Pool was great salt water. Grounds are impeccable . This is nota fancy foo foo place but staff is great, location pretty much in mid key. For the money there are a lot more costly joints that deliver no more in terms of beauty and a peacefully stay. Easy parking . Wi Fi is good..Hammocks are inviting.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cliff H

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and let others know of your great experience! We strive to make everyone's stay as enjoyable as yours! We hope to see you again very soon!
Best Regards!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Honestly, we just spent one night and one morning there, so we really didn't get the vibe of the place... Professional photos of the interior of the rooms make it look wayyyy nicer than it is. Outside shots of the grounds and pool are very accurate. It was adorable. We had a late check in so we let ourselves into our room, made up the sleeper sofa for the kids and called it a night. Getting ready for bed I pulled back the covers to inspect the sheets (which I aways do. call me crazy) and the sheets were stained and also there was a long dark hair on the sheet.(I have blonde hair) Ok I removed the hair and pulled the sheets back up and checked out the bathroom, small but it seemed clean until I looked in the shower. Sour smelling shower curtain and (no lie) a pair of womens underwear hanging from the shower curtain rod. EWWWW. Took a tissue and removed them and threw them in the trash. Not cool. Not sure if I could recommend this hotel to anyone. I did tell the woman at the front desk about the panites, and she was very apologetic. Glad it was only one night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank trvlr7

We are very sorry that this customer had a Bad experience. We pride ourselves with having clean rooms and grounds.We are not perfect all the time , however we have instituted a double inspection to try to eliminate this problem in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This property is in an excellent location on the Atlantic side of Islamorada. It is clean and well maintained, with a small pool and thatched huts and a sandy picnic area. It would be a nice addition to add a continental breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travel192

Thank you for your review of our property! We are so glad that you had an enjoyable experience! Please visit us again when future travels bring you to the Islamorada area! Best Regards