We chose the Drop Anchor Resort for the view, the room amenities and the atmosphere of peace and quiet described by the website's Philosophy. We were not disappointed.
The property is beautiful, it was like living in a postcard. The motel itself is small, less than 20 rooms contained in a handful of adorable different buildings spread out around the property. The highlight of course is the white sand beach dotted with palms, hammocks and sitting areas.
There was "No Vacancy" during our stay but it never felt crowded. People would come and go, taking advantage of the hammocks and sitting areas but the atmosphere always remained calm and relaxing.
It is not a swimming beach, instead there is a marina for docking boats (you could probably jump in the water if you wanted but it's not a traditional beach). There is a pool for swimming but we did not use it.
We loved the room (see room tips below) and the fact that we could actually choose the specific room when we booked. We feel that the price was very reasonable.
Owner and staff were very friendly. Wifi stopped working but was resolved quickly when brought to their attention.
If you are looking for activities, restaurants and bars they are close by but not on the property. It is not a "resort" in that sense. We were quite happy to buy groceries and eat take-out pizza on our balcony. I'm sure our view was better than any restaurant, and the wine was definitely cheaper :).
We would definitely stay here again, and I hope we do have a chance to someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Life at Drop Anchor is simple, intimate, and unforgettable... Drop Anchor Resort and Marina is a unique oceanfront hideaway nestled in the heart of the fabulous "purple isle" of Islamorada. Intimate and private, accommodations range from Standard rooms to Suites, in most cases with private balconies. Each room is individually designed with a tropical flair befitting the unique island spirit of the fabulous Florida Keys. Our history is rich; wed have been a landmark in Islamorada for more than 50 years. We aspire to keep the "Old FL Keys" spirit alive while offering just 18 fresh, updated rooms with charming amenities for our guests' comfort is one of our top priorities. We strive to ensure rooms are among the most immaculate in the Florida Keys. Lush palm trees sway over our beautiful pool and private beach. Our grounds feature colorful tropical flora, relaxing sitting areas and hammocks swaying under tall palms. The property also boasts an Oceanside dock and private boat ramp available to our guests. Located in the "Fishing Capital of the World", we are within a few miles of the best dining and water sports in the Florida Keys. Our memorable resort hotel is located approximately 80 miles south of Miami International Airport and 85 miles north of Key West. Get lost and found in paradise at Drop Anchor Resort and Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Drop Anchor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drop Anchor Hotel Islamorada
- Drop Anchor Resort Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys