My boyfriend and I just stayed in Room 9 for a week. We absolutely loved it! When we were there, there were a few younger couples like us, and generally everyone else was older--and NO KIDS were staying there (we lucked out!)
The staff was very nice, our room was basic with the perfect amount of amenities for the price. Our deck had a great view of the beach, and it was very quiet (the only time it wasn't was when some unruly children from a few places over decided to come and play on the hammocks while we were trying to relax while the mom did nothing)--it would be nice if the property was fully fenced for this reason, but that was my only wish!
The pool was at a great temperature, plenty of seating in the sun and shade, and a great location on the island. We rented a car and went a few different places during our stay in the Keys, but our best days were definitely with a drink in hand, a book in the other, and lying on the white lounge chairs. I hope to return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Life at Drop Anchor is simple, intimate, and unforgettable... Drop Anchor Resort and Marina is a unique oceanfront hideaway nestled in the heart of the fabulous "purple isle" of Islamorada. Intimate and private, accommodations range from Standard rooms to Suites, in most cases with private balconies. Each room is individually designed with a tropical flair befitting the unique island spirit of the fabulous Florida Keys. Our history is rich; wed have been a landmark in Islamorada for more than 50 years. We aspire to keep the "Old FL Keys" spirit alive while offering just 18 fresh, updated rooms with charming amenities for our guests' comfort is one of our top priorities. We strive to ensure rooms are among the most immaculate in the Florida Keys. Lush palm trees sway over our beautiful pool and private beach. Our grounds feature colorful tropical flora, relaxing sitting areas and hammocks swaying under tall palms. The property also boasts an Oceanside dock and private boat ramp available to our guests. Located in the "Fishing Capital of the World", we are within a few miles of the best dining and water sports in the Florida Keys. Our memorable resort hotel is located approximately 80 miles south of Miami International Airport and 85 miles north of Key West. Get lost and found in paradise at Drop Anchor Resort and Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Drop Anchor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drop Anchor Hotel Islamorada
- Drop Anchor Resort Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys