“Updated review”

Uncle's Restaurant
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Stuart, Florida
“Updated review”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I wrote a review giving Uncles a low rating a couple of years ago. I am pleased to update this review to "Very Good". I've had the opportunity to revisit Uncles a coiuple of times already in 2013. I was delihted to see the that the staff was more attentive, the food was very good, food delivery was timely, drinks were kept filled etc. Their local sea food is first rate and offered a variety ways. More recently they have incorporated an Italian portion to their menu, I've tried a couple of dishes, off the scale good :-)

Loveland Co
“Italian with a Keys twist”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We have been to Uncles twice this week, something we have never done ever in our 47 years of marriage. That's because he had the gnocci with shrimp the first time and was reluctant to share. We went back so I had an order of it all to myself. Meanwhile he had fresh snapper with Joe's sauce Milanesi. Now we are considering yet another trip. The care and preparation is unmatched here. Also, they have the best fish dip we've tried - and we try it almost everywhere.

Netherlands
“Good food, good service. Best fried yellowtail ever.”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Very nice place to eat in Islamorada. You have to order the Cuban fried Yellowtail! As a starter: Steamed clams. To die for!!!
Good win list to. Try the Frogs Leap. I alwys revisit when I am in Islamorada.

Visited August 2012
Islamorada
“fantastic specials and a great overall menu”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We live in Islamorada, and never had been to Uncles until Sat 4/20. Specials were great, and service was above and beyond. Great bread, Wedge salad and Side Caesar.
We Both had the specials. Mine was the trio of crab, shrimp and scallop scampi over linguini.
Bill had the Hogfish and crab special. Both were outstanding.
Nice not to have a big screen TV in your face, and the décor is just like the keys were in the 1960-1970's. Lots of photos on the walls, and no pressure to get out, ASAP. We were not rushed out. By no means were we rushed. We had to laugh, we actually had dinner, without being pressured to vacate a table within the normal, " Tourist parameters". Had time to enjoy a drink, talk, and our meal was spaced out properly. Prices are very reasonable, with Chicken Marsala starting at $15.95
Side salads are reasonable at about $4.00 each, and the bread is great.
Specials are great, and the best garlic mashed potatoes that you will ever receive.
Veggies were fresh cut, and we could tell, someone had pride in what they served.
Rubin was our waiter, I highly recommend him. Our Best Experience out, for a quiet night since forever. My new Local spot for dinner. Thank you for making my night, Rubin & Uncle's Rest.
Ellienfla@aol.com

Freedom, New Hampshire
“Great place to dine out”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I have to say that I was very confused! We had eaten here numerous times years ago when we had taken our kids here when we first hit the Keys long ago. We made reservations expecting it to be packed, due to the excellent food we had back then, and it was not! It was without hesitation the best two nights out we had during our two months in the area. Excellent local catch, conch chowder and a decent drink!

Visited February 2013