“Not much of a beach, but a beautiful place, and a great place to let your dog romp in the water.”
Review of Anne's Beach

Anne's Beach
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Although called "Anne's Beach", there's really not much of a beach there, but Anne's Beach is a beautiful place nonetheless. (Note to travelers: if you're looking for wide, sandy beaches, go somewhere other than the Florida Keys. But the Keys have so much else to offer!!!)

The water at Anne's Beach is a beautiful blue and crystal clear, and it's shallow for a long way out. The area is dog-friendly, so it's the perfect place to let your dog splash in the water or retrieve toys or coconuts. If you're willing to wade (water shoes are recommended), you can walk along the shore from one end of the beach to the other. (It's best to avoid the areas with underwater grasses so you don't damage it.) There are parking lots at both ends of Anne's Beach. The one at the north end is a little larger and has bathrooms and showers. There's a small sandy area at the north end if you want to put down a beach towel and lie down in the sand.

In addition to the shoreline, Anne's Beach has a mostly-shaded boardwalk through the mangroves, where you can see the pencil roots of black mangroves sticking up through the sand, and huge land crabs running into their holes. We usually see ibises along the shore as well. Off of the boardwalk are a number of shaded picnic pavilions, and each has its own set of steps down to the beach.

1  Thank Labnut
There are newer reviews for Anne's Beach

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I drive down to Anna Beach a couple times a year just for the day from Miami, even though we live went down the street from the beach. We take our kids we take the dog and sometimes we go just by ourselves its a beautiful and relaxing beach.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

A great little hideaway along the road to actually spend the day. I discovered Annes beach by accident one time some years back. After parking the car to use the bathrooms there, my wife and I decided to walk along the paths there. There some little hut like structures along the waters edge, picnic tables, and some private beach areas. It is a great place to spend some free time with the family, or just as a couple.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Anne's Beach is the first beach we've been to where the parking is free. Major plus! Also since parking is limited, it's not crowded. I will say I was not prepared for the silty bottom that your feet sink into as you walk along the shallow waters. The texture and feeling of that soft sand and water critters was too much for me and I had to relegate myself to the dry beach. However, the little kid had a great time as did the hubster so for a young family this is a great safe beach to visit.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Today I went with my friends to Anne's beach and we were very disappointed because although is the only free beach in the area, the water was dirty and smelly.