“Tranquility”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Stuart, Florida
“Tranquility”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

La Siesta resort was a weekend girls trip for us. We arrived and found a gracious staff and eager attendants to help us. The location is great , in between all the hot spots of Islamorado. The room was spotless and very spacious. The continental breakfast served out by the pool in the morning was so delightful.we went kayaking and snorkeling right from their beach. Only one suggestion , The beds could have been a bit more comfortable.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
London, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I booked one of the cottages on this resort last minute. Our friends were staying next door at The Palms and Pines resort and we wanted to be near them. We arrived to find a cottage steps from the Marina and beach. A hammock right outside the door on the beach with beautiful palms. The cottage is fully equipped......although sparse.....so we made a trip to the dollar store just down the street and managed to fill the cupboards with the necessary kitchen utensils.....including a blender. Fabulous meals were enjoyed on the patio steps from the beach.....sunrise with breakfast and sunset with dinner. We even managed to obtain freshly caught and cleaned fish from the dock. WOW. The cottages are perfect for people with dogs as they can be let out on the exquisitely maintained lawns around the cottage. If you are looking for quiet....the way The Keys used to be.....this is your place. If you are looking to party and all you can eat buffets keep going. This is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a cottage right on the beach in complete serenity. I felt like I was on Gilligan's Island. I even slept on the hammock overnight looking at the moon through the palm trees. No mosquitos.....no music.....no noise....just the waves and the rustle of the palm leaves. Well done. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Any of the cottages from 101-104 are fine. Each has it's own hammock, deck, lawn and deck furni...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank goozva
Mason, Michigan
Reviewed 12 March 2014

La Siesta Resort was a wonderful surprise. We read the reviews and were a little apprehensive, but it was great. Our villa had huge rooms and was very clean. The furniture was eclectic, but who spends much time inside when you are in the keys. The resort seems pretty secluded considering how close it is to US1. I would definately recommend staying there during the week if you like quiet and less children. The continental breakfast was nice next to the pool every morning and the staff was very friendly. We enjoyed the kayaks and had no problem reserving them. The grounds are very pretty and the pool was great. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. Thanks La Siesta Resort

Room Tip: The villas have a king size bed, two queen size beds and 2 small sofa sleepers. We rented three pla...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Batavia, Ohio
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We spent 5 nights at La Siesta at the end of February. It was a beautiful throw back to the early days in the Keys. The layout of the resort is very nice and the grounds were very clean. The rooms were very nice. They were a little dated and could use a facelift, but were incredibly clean. The breakfast by the pool every morning is a nice touch. And having kayaks that we could take out at any time was a definite bonus! It is a pet friendly hotel so it gave the place a homey feel to see people out walking their pets. I wish staying in the Keys didn't cost so much, but I am so glad we stayed at La Siesta. We are looking into coming back for a family reunion!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy M
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I guess when you come from beautiful Alberta Canada, you would expect alot more for $480.00 night. We reserved a beach front cottage, and it was cute, but run down. The cottage had a full size fridge, sink and stove which was nice. I didn't realize the resort was pet friendly, which is OK as we are dog lovers ourselves, but I am highly allergic to animal hair. I wish they would have had rooms that never had pets in them before, and seperate rooms for guests with pets. The first night I was extremely sick and had a hard time sleeping because my allergies were so bad. Although the room was "clean", my sensitive nose could smell the remnants of animals. :-( My husband couldn't tell, but I did. Our phone also did not work the entire time during our stay, so we were using our cell phones, although the front desk lady did offer us the use of the lobby phone. The continental breakfast was not good. The first morning, i opened up the pre packaged french toast, and it was moldy .There was no coffee left, and the lady inside the room was sleeping in her chair. The second morning, i opened up 3 different pkgs of bread, and all of them had mold on it. I told the lady that was working there, and she just stared at me with a blank expression on her face. Hmmmm. It was a nice location, and did offer the use of kayaks, fishing poles and bikes, and also sold bait in the lobby. Looking at prices of other places in the area, i guess this is the average rate of a place here. Next time, i will pay more and go to a place with better reviews.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TonyandPaula
Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We spent a few days at La Siesta - Feb/ 12 - 15, 2014. This older, truly "Keys" style resort was very clean, the grounds were super nice, beach was GREAT. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, which was really it's own little bungalow! Super cute, with plenty of room for two couples. The only drawbacks were that all of the beds were very, very uncomfortable. Our room had two queens, we tried both, both were terrible. Our friends had a king bed in their room which was also very hard, very squeaky, and lumpy. The only other issue was the lack of hot water. There was a very small hot water heater, so we found we had to take 5 minute luke warm showers so that all 4 of us could avoid a cold shower. Kind of a bummer when you are all trying to get ready to go out together. Above all, it was a really nice and relaxing stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
West Seneca, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2014

i will not every stay at the La Siesta Resort ever again. If they want to be a resort they need to take lessons from the Double Tree (Hilton)) resort in Key west. If you wanted pool towels you would have to go to the front desk and ask. Half of the time they did not have clean towels to give out, plus they were so thin and did not even cover half your body. As for their "free" breakfast why even have it, for being called a resort the breakfast was so cheesy. The coffee tasted like again dollar store coffee. I did not appreciate to be scolded at by the person working the front desk in the evening. I brought wet towels from the pool to trade for some dry ones, and she scolded me and said I needed to bring the wet towels to my room. As for the room it was not clean, old used furniture and smelled like cigerette smoke all the time. I swear the pictures they show on line do not exist, except for the pool. The best part was the cleaning lady came, I asked if she could come later. She said she could not come later had too many rooms to clean. Our room would not get cleaned at all that day if she could not do it right then and there. Don't send your kid to ask the front desk clerk for a band aid either, they had to see the cut on my husbands finger first before they would give him one. All in all, I have stayed at better places for less money. This place is not worth the money to stay, do your homework and stay some where else.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Roseanna C

Travellers are raving about these Islamorada hotels