“Nice Resort, Great Value”

La Siesta Resort & Marina
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We just completed a 4 night stay at La Siesta Resort and were very pleased. Our place was very clean, roomy and nice and cool after a long day of fishing. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. All of our needs were taken care of and we would stay there again. We had a full kitchen, a big living area and a wonderful balcony. We also had covered parking which is a bug deal when it is 96 degrees outside.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jesse G

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The grounds are gorgeous and very, very meticulously maintained daily. Rooms are very large! My balcony was 6x20, had two comfy chairs and a glass top table and 4 chairs to it, think HUGE!!!!!!!!. Lots of elbow room. The pool is very nice and well maintained also. The comp breakfast was fresh, hot and had great coffee. Really Great Coffee! Rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. It is very quiet at night and peaceful. The room was pleasant and nice,,,, butttt needed to be brought into the 21 century. Great for a family, solo traveler, or couple after let'sssssssssss say 20 years of being together,lol. In other words, NOT for a honeymoon and with that being said, the only thing that keeps it from being honeymoon material is the semi outdated décor. Honeymooners,, who want a SEXY Resort need to go to Cheeca spa and resort 2 miles up the road, Cheeca is over the top, sexy, and very sophisticated,,, be prepared for a price diff too! Please don't get me wrong,,, La Siesta is very nice but last time it was decorated inside the guest rooms was during Bush 41's presidency. Lot's of great places within 10 min drives in either direction to eat and drink. This is as honest as I can be. Very friendly and helpful staff too. Hope this helps the next travelers.

Room Tip: They are all good and equally easy to get to.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Matthew S
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We got a great deal on a name your own price site and after reading the reviews i was a litle nervous about thise trip. The moment we opened the room door I breathed a huge sigh of relief. The bedroom had to double beds the living room was perfect as well as a "dining area" that was a perfect spot to throw an airmattress down for one of our group. We didnt do any cooking on the stove and the "kitchen ware" was a bit sparse (but I knew that from previous reviews so we brought paper plate cups and silverware). Based on other reviews we brought our own pillows and were glad.
Everything was super clean though (including the bathroom), and while there didnt seem to be any maid service when we asked someone about extra towels they brought them with no problem while we were out for breakfast. (my guess is since these units tend to be more along the lines of apartments they dont clean them everyday which is no big deal I can toss my own trash in the cans outside my gorgeous deck).
All in all I cant complain about anything. We had an amazing time and were thrilled the property and are already planning our trip back next summer!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank spoiltrottin
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Lady at the front was so rude. Rooms were ok. A lot of money for what it was. Not a lot of parking. The service ground employees were very nice and helpful. Location was about the only thing going for this place.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ChrissyReato
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I just want to tell everyone who is planning his vacation in islamorada.
The reviews about the siesta resort was very very bad, I had to take the chance to book it bc I didn't have choice, every hotel was booked.
Resort was very nice in a very good location, rooms big and clean,stuff very helpful, except Daniel @the front desk, she was soooo rude on the phone when I was trying to book, cut me many times, there is no way I could finish my sentence, its tooooo bad bc she is the first impression of the hotel.
Beside Cortney was very professional and attentive @ check in.
I will go back again hopping the prices will be reasonable next time

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank aichaflowerpower
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed and the townhouse it was ok. If you are easy going and just like a place w/ privacy to crash, this is def your place. They have a boat slip and a nice size pool but expected better accomodations for the price.

Room Tip: I brought my own sheets.. Bring your own pillow..
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VanessaOtero85
Reviewed 23 June 2014

La Siesta provided the perfect venue for our destination wedding. We had 50 guests and 90% stayed on property and all had a wonderful time. The grounds are meticulous and the beach side cottages are loaded with old Florida charm!

Room Tip: Beach side cottages are the way to go for privacy. Some have been updated more than others but still...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple