We stayed 2 nights at the Casa Thorn islamorada as a way of breaking up the drive to Key West. It was easy to get to and we founf Thorn, Jennifer,Jj and Beau to all be quite nice. Our 9 lb puppy was welcomed and was quite comfortable staying with us! Mom & Dad stayed in the secret garden roo and we stayed in Bombay so we were able to all enjoy breakfast out in the secret garden at the larger table together. Beau prepared pancakes one day and french toast the next along with a good cup of coffee. Jennifer had good suggestions for dining.
There weren't other areas to relax together and limited seating in the rooms but a pool area was available to sit outside if we had wanted to. The garden areas were nice however some of the decking was a bit loose though it did not cause any issues for us.
There did not seem to be any services to the rooms between nights - might have appreciated a quick sweep to the tile floors to get leaves up or even provide door mats. Also, to change out
towels if needed. We used the wineglasses butthey did not even get rinsed out between (other thanwhat we did) - for the price it would have been good to have a bit of refreshing between nights. We hung up our towels to reuse but there were wet towels on our parents' floor all night due to them needing to help co trol the water flow from the shower the first morning.
All in all, we had a pleasant stay and always appreciate experiencing different tastes, styles and accomodations around the country. At this point, we would not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This treasure is hidden away in a secluded, quiet, tropical atmosphere in the Florida Keys. Each of the 5 rooms is decorated in their own unique style: Moroccan Room, Secret Garden Room, Malaysian, Bombay and Tiki Hut. All of the rooms include: breakfast, television/VCR/DVD, wireless internet, and terry cloth bathrobes. Pets allowed for a small fee. No children under 8, please. After breakfast, relax by the pool or use the pass to go to a really nice beach. We are not handicap accessible, however, 3 of our rooms are on the ground floor with sliding glass doors that make them wheelchair/scooter accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your Casa Thorn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Thorn Hotel Islamorada
- Casa Thorn Bed And Breakfast
- Casa Thorn Bed & Breakfast Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys