The magic-when you walk through the front door and are greeted by either Wally or JoAnn, who are both the charming and down to earth caretakers of this first class Bed and Breakfast Inn. Also part of the magic is the realization that the lush grounds and decorations have taken years to accomplish. The mystery- looking for hours on end at all the eclectic art pieces collected by owner Thorn, around the entire property.
First off, the room we had Room #3 was immaculate. Bed was the most comfortable we have ever had and the pillows, well lets say if I could have fit them in my suitcase I would have taken them. Kidding on the theft aspect of course. Soft, Fluffy and wonderful.
We had a small kitchenette which was wonderful for my husband who eats constantly. Our private patio area was spectacular. Every day we would sit and just enjoy the surroundings, rich vegetation, waterfalls, and the two most beautiful birds, I think parrots while enjoying our pina colada's.
The common area called the orchid patio was just beautiful. JoAnn and her daughter clean the rooms every day and we would come home to a clean and fresh smelling room.
There also is a small pool and a sunporch.
Breakfast was served every morning at 8:30am on our private patio. Every room at Casa Thorn has a private patio. JoAnne is a wonderful cook, day one- Fresh apple bread pudding, bacon, homemade home-fries, fresh juice and coffee. The next three days also had excellent breakfast dishes.
One of our favorite aspects of staying at Casa Thorn was Wally who is the husband of JoAnne and caretaker. He has a knowledge of information and was so helpful in dinner suggestions, off the beaten path places to go, you name it, and he gave you every second of his attention to help in your itinerary. Although JoAnne and Wally have only been with Casa Thorn for three months, they are a wealth of knowledge having lived in the Keys for years. They both put their heart and soul into making your visit just perfect and honestly seem to love what they do. My husband and I will most definitely be back. I recommend Casa Thorn if you like peaceful surroundings, relaxation, caring caretakers and very reasonable prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This treasure is hidden away in a secluded, quiet, tropical atmosphere in the Florida Keys. Each of the 5 rooms is decorated in their own unique style: Moroccan Room, Secret Garden Room, Malaysian, Bombay and Tiki Hut. All of the rooms include: breakfast, television/VCR/DVD, wireless internet, and terry cloth bathrobes. Pets allowed for a small fee. No children under 8, please. After breakfast, relax by the pool or use the pass to go to a really nice beach. We are not handicap accessible, however, 3 of our rooms are on the ground floor with sliding glass doors that make them wheelchair/scooter accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your Casa Thorn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Thorn Hotel Islamorada
- Casa Thorn Bed And Breakfast
- Casa Thorn Bed & Breakfast Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys