“Beautiful setting, so-so rooms”
Review of Kon-Tiki Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Kon-Tiki Resort
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I did a lot of searching to find a reasonably priced hotel in Islamorada, and found Kontiki. I liked the mid-century, old Florida vibe, and the grounds are well-maintained and the view beautiful. The manager George was very nice and accommodating, and the staff responsive. But the rooms are okay, not great. Unit 23: Mostly I didn't feel secure as a woman traveling alone there because the doors don't have chains or inside deadbolts, even on the door to the adjacent unit! They need to add an inexpensive lock that only the guest inside can open. Also the living room blinds didn't close all the way and there is a porch accessible by anyone, so I didn't feel comfortable sitting in the living room at night. So I switched to Unit 20: The blinds also didn't close all the way, so someone standing on the stairs could look in. The living room and kitchen were fine otherwise, comfortable and decorated in a cute beachy theme. But the bedroom had a musty smell so I took a pillow and slept on the sofa. Suggestion: Rip out the old carpet in the bedroom and put in a real blind or heavy curtain in the living room. I ended up leaving a night early and staying elsewhere for only $9/night more where I felt more comfortable. Some inexpensive fixes and I otherwise would recommend the place. Rooms were clean, staff great.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank jetthecat

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We only stayed a couple of nights but enjoyed our time here - a clean, comfortable room with plenty of space (wi fi didn't work in our room very well though so had to go outside to get a signal), lovely warm pool for a relaxing swim, nice gardens and pretty dock, beach and lagoon area looking out onto Florida Bay. The Islamorada Fish Company was within walking distance - beautiful views from there when we went for an evening meal.We didn't have a lot of contact with the staff but the lady we spoke to in the office when we arrived was very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alison C
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My wife and I just celebrated our one year anniversary and decided to try something other than Key West! What a treat! The apartments overlooking the water are great! Not 5 star but absolutely perfect for getting away to Paradise! The pool was very nice and warm which was a plus for my wife! The kayaking was grreat (bring your own) and the ability to bring your boat here and dock it at no addtional cost is a plus. The tidal pool area was nice and I can not wait to bring the kids back so they can snorkel. Plenty to do within a short walk or drive. Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tropicalrentalswfl
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This is our favorite place in the keys. Clean, spacious, relaxing atmosphere. Nice boat ramp and dock, Steve and the rest that work there are courteous and ready to help you. Jenny, Mila and George in the front office will provide you with what ever you need. The place is clean as well as the pool, BBQ's, tables chairs and hammocks. We call it, our piece of haven, can't wait to go back again

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Made a quick trip to Islamorada - looking for reasonable accommodations - found it at KonTiki! Cute 1 bedroom, 1 bath, full kitchen and screened private porch. #17. KonTiki reminds me of old Florida. NIce dock and beach area on the bayside + nice pool. Staff extremely accommodating - Jennifer is a sweetheart! Place is clean and maintained. Definitely will stay at KonTiki again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I loved this resort. Such a nice retreat and easy access to the water. Had a great room with a nice kitchen. My bed was so comfy I would fall asleep with no trouble, only to wake up next morning refreshed. Highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We've been to the Kontiki for several spring breaks in a row now and contrary to what a previous review stated, one of the main reasons we return each year is the absolutely wonderful staff! They go out of their way to make sure every last detail is just perfect for you and your family and after the first year, we felt as if they were personal friends! The grounds are immaculate, the pool is warm and clean and the hammocks and atmosphere are so relaxing! We couldn't ask for a more perfect place to unwind and enjoy a family vacation with our daughters! Thanks, Kontiki! We have priceless memories because of you and you will always have a very special place in our heart! See you next year! :o)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family