“What A Cool Little Place!”
Review of Conch on Inn Motel

Conch on Inn Motel
Ranked #4 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I can't for the life of me remember how I found this place, but I am *so* glad I did. While in the Keys on business I checked into the Conch On Inn for 10 days. It's a tiny little place, shoehorned in at the end of a canal with all of eight rooms. The style is vintage Keys, when small mom-and-pop hotels dotted the landscape. The rooms are smallish, but superclean and my bed was new and of high quality.

There's no pool. Instead, there is a swim ladder and you swim in the canal. Be prepared to share your swim with thousands of minnows and the occasional curious manatee. The water is clean, warm and refreshing.

This is a family operation and it shows. The hotel is likely to be booked heavily on the weekends with some of the owner's many, many friends, and if you're staying there, you're their friends too.

This hotel isn't just pet-friendly, it's pet-worshipful. The owners have three dogs, all of whom will be glad to accept your adoration, and they all interact well with guest's dogs. I saw it several times.

Prices are very reasonable and discounts are offered for longer stays. I enjoyed my stay more than I can really express in this review.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank WriterFL

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This hotel is one of those rare pleasures in life where expectations are exceeded and we felt the need to tell everyone we know about it. We were introduced to the property from a friend and had a memorable, relaxing weekend meeting new people at the grill/patio area and then spending a great afternoon floating in the lagoon right in front of the hotel for several hours. The room we had was comfortable and reasonably priced and access to other areas of the Key were at our fingertips.

Last, when I say come for the Keys but stay for the hospitality, we made new friends of the owners of this fine establishment, Cindy and Mike. We were made to feel like family and when we left I felt like we had known this most hospitable couple for many years. That is a large part of the attraction and I have heard this from others.

Can't wait to come back....Thanksgiving perhaps?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The Conch on Inn has come out of its shell with new owners.
Being "pet-friendly" is a little misleading - that's what many places say and don't really mean. This place really LOVES dogs and wants them to run around the fenced-in motel and socialize. And there are three sweet resident dogs in case you have to leave yours behind.
Owners Cindy and Mike will give you hospitality that doesn't feel fake and will try and make your stay as best as possible. They also are people you will genuinely want to get to know if you have time. They love where they are and what they now do, and, as a guest, I can tell.
The canal in the outdoor "lobby" was peaceful, sometimes has a manatee visitor, is a great place to take a dip and has tables, a fire pit and a barbecue. There also are rafts you can use.
I didn't really go to Islamorada to spend a lot of time in a hotel room (I came to dive). But the rooms here are what you should expect: Clean (thanks, maid Elaine) and with everything you need including a fridge, microwave, coffee-maker (bring coffee) and flat-screen TV. You also can get a free pass here to Founders Park.
Upgrades are being made, so the tiki-island motel feel should only get better, and I will be back someday to see them! They've already gotten the hospitality down like pros.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Meredith D
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed 2 nights this weekend and had a great time. The rooms are clean and have everything you need. The owners told us they are making continual upgrades, so it should only get better.

We brought our dog with us and not only was the motel pet friendly as advertised, but the owners did a little pet-sitting while we were out fishing.

This is going to be our new home away from home in Islamorada. The biggest reason is the owners. They are super people, made us feel welcome, like part of the family.

Room Tip: Any room is good now, there is a refrigerator, flat screen TV, and roomy bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank billhanifin
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The best mom and pop place ever. New owners are the most friendly people ever. Very pet friendly, even my little yappers loved their dogs. My dogs loved playing and running around in the fenced in yard. We were able to keep our bay boat right at their dock. There manatees that come up by the dock from time to time. restaurants nearby. Places nearby to kayak. I just can't say enough about the place. I don't care for places with stuffy people and this place suited us to a tee. If you love quaint little getaways that are very relaxing with great company, this the place to be. We will definitely be back to this place where we felt so welcomed. Great hospitality!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Hospitality at its best! Cozy and quaint atmosphere to get some much needed R & R!!! The owners made us really feel welcome! Can't wait to come back again!! Thank you Cindy and Mike for having us at your Peaceful Place in Paradise!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 6 September 2013

What a wonderful time away. We hadn't been away for quite awhile with work, etc. But this was well worth the wait. Located on a peaceful and serene canal with clean, bright rooms, it was our perfect get away. We even ended up staying an extra day. Who would want to leave. A great time with friends or time alone, whichever you wanted. It seemed the guest became friends very quickly with our charming and fun hosts, Mike and Cindy. We will certainly be going back again and again.

Room Tip: Any room provides the same ambience. There are different sizes depending on your needs but leave it...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeanne R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
9 mi away
#1 of 11 in Islamorada
The Pelican
The Pelican
#5 of 17 in Key Largo

Been to Conch on Inn Motel? Share your experiences!