“Clean nice location ”

Ranked #3 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Hillsboro IL
“Clean nice location ”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights ,Feb7.Motel is not the Ritz but it is a nice small clean place to stay.Owners are very friendly and will help you with anything you need.They are working on remodeling and when they get it done this little place will be perfect.The price is reasonable compared to other hotels in the keys.It sits close to eating and shopping . If we go back to the keys we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmcamn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Stony Brook, New York
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed four nights at this nice clean little hotel. Cindy and Mike are wonderful hosts. Easy to park. Great if you like pets. Lots of friendly folks hang out in the patio area and chat. I'd be happy to return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank George H
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We were pleased to find a place that would allow our 2 small yorkies without charging an additional fee. New owners Mike and Cindy, purchased this property last summer and are in the process of renovating room by room. This isn't a 5 star property but clean, quiet and SUPER SUPER friendly to guests and pets. They have 8 rooms and Mike and Cindy make it a point to meet their guests, remember their names, and treat them like family. They even built a fire to sit around in the evening. We spent 2 nights with them and on the day we drove to Key West we left our dogs in the room and they even took them for walks for us. You couldn't ask for a more pet friendly place. Our room was #8 and very quiet. Even though they don't have a pool they provided us with a pass to a beach park only 2.5 miles away. Free parking, coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave. We absolutely would stay here again and look forward to meeting up with Mike and Cindy again someday.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
SLC, UT
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Are you staying in the keys to relax, enjoy diving, or just get away? Whatever the reason- read on. This gem of a motel is newly owned (2013) by a lovely couple with a super great can-do, you are family attitude and friendly dogs that meet you at the gate. The motel is pet friendly for no extra charge or deposit. The room I had had a fridge, microwave, large flat-screen tv with cable and was clean, the bed comfy and loads of hot water pressure.

If you get the opportunity to hang out on the patio with the owners and other guests.. just do it! Best part of my trip- laughing, relaxing and firepits. These people work hard and love what they do and it shows. Take them up on the free guest pass to visit Founders Park during your stay (olympic pool, beach and kids activities).

The whole motel is soon undergoing a makeover with new bathrooms going in and walls being painted. The current condition is already updated from the typical key motels from 50 years ago as it is. The owners have big plans for this place and I know I will be back to see it soon on my next business/ leisure trip.

Stay here and thank me later. If they are booked out a few months, sorry- its that good and the price per night is less than any others around.

• Stayed February 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have to start by saying Cindy (owner) was the most gracious hostess EVER. We were greeted with smiles and hugs and felt very welcomed from the moment we checked in. This place is animal friendly which we LOVED and Cindy would let our dog run around and hang out w/ her dogs in the courtyard while we were off doing our thing. - One of the other guests said she even grilled out and made a salad and all of the fixings for all of the guests one night - we missed it though as we were at a wedding. I must admit when I first saw our room I was a bit shocked, It was very small and not exactly what I had in mind. They are in the middle of a remodel, so one of the walls was not painted yet in the bathroom. We quickly looked past all of that because 1st of all...how much time do you really spend in your room while you are in the keys anyway and #2 Cindy was so darn nice and took such good care of us and our dog that it was all worth it. We will definitely be back. The tiki area in the back is perfect for cocktail hour with a beautiful view. Although nothing fancy, definitely an affordable, friendly and awesome place to stay. ~ Kelli & Jerry

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kelli s
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 18 January 2014

our room was completely different than expected after looking at pictures on tripadvisor! We had room 1 (double bed). The main reason for my bad review is the bed. It was very small (smaller than queensize) and squeaked very loud when moving just a little bit. The mattress was also dirty and the sheet had stains (I think the sheet was laundered and the stains came hopefully from coffee and don't go out anymore while being laundered, but anyway, it shouldn't be used in this condition....)

The room was veery small, there's not even space for a suitcase...!

And finally, it seems the person who built this room didn't know what he does.

Room Tip: Don't accept room #1
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael G
PA
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed here on the last two nights of 2013, and had a very pleasant stay. Cindy and Mike made me feel welcome from the moment I arrived until I checked out. We even had drinks while chatting for a long while one night out in the common area under the Tiki huts. I stayed in the double bed room, and it was clean and cozy, with a nice flat screen tv and a refrigerator/freezer/microwave combo unit. There was also a coffee maker, and the bed sheets and bath towels were switched out each day. This unit is perfect for a single traveler, and may work well for a couple who are just looking for a nice, affordable place to stay. I did not have any issue with road noise, as I had the AC unit fan running all night. The motel is dog friendly, and I did not have any issues with any dogs barking while I was there. Mike and Cindy were great at recommending local places to eat and drink (I recommend the Ocean View Pub outdoor bar - very good drink prices and a delicious pulled pork sandwich). The drive from here to Key West took just under two hours, so that made it possible for a day trip. Bahia Honda was a shorter drive and well worth the visit. I would definitely stay here again on another visit to the Keys, and as others have noted, improvements are continually being made on the rooms and grounds of the property.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo