“Great place to relax! We will be back.”

Coconut Cove Resort and Marina
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great place to relax! We will be back.”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We went for a weekend and stayed in a cottage. Dated but very functional. Clean, small kitchen that worked just fine. The patio areas and pool are wonderful! And free Internet in those areas. Dog friendly, still in the process of renovating the boat docks. Liked the locale since its half way between Key Largo and Marathon. Manager had 2 beautiful macaws. Friendly staff!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My weekend stay at coconut cove was so peacefull & relaxing. Patti was extremely helpfull when I was making my last minute reservation set me up in a great little cottage. Clean quiet and relaxing. I will be back. Thank you for the hospitality.

• Stayed July 2012
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I had always wanted a laid back destination wedding whenever I got married. Calling other venues in the Keys almost made me change my mind, until I spoke with Paul! He is so organized and easy to deal with! I never saw the venue before the week of the wedding. Through numerous emails and phone calls, Paul and Magda planned my dream wedding! Every detail was perfect! I keep replaying the night through my head, it was so magnificent I would not change one thing! Paul assured me everything was planned exactly how I wanted it, but it was so easy I couldn't believe it! They are so professional, yet still feel like family when you leave. Magda is like superwoman! She will make sure you have everything you want done perfectly throughout your whole stay, take amazing wedding pictures, and just about anything else you could possibly think of! The setting is probably the best in the Keys! You feel like you are in paradise! I didn't want to leave, and we will definitely return in the future!!

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite was perfect!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Maywood, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Was so relaxing in Paradise. Beautiful grounds, friendly service. The pool is great and has a beautiful view of the water. Was there for a wedding which was picturesque perfect. Would highly recommend stay here for a real island feel getaway.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This resort is the perfect place for a true Florida Keys feel. Rooms were great, stayed in a Capt cottage and it was perfect. If your looking for a five star hotel go somewhere else, if your looking to relax, enjoy the view and not be hassled by noise, people and music then this is it. We truly enjoyed our family time here and the staff was friendly, attentive and always available. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MamaG6unit
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2012

If you're looking for a laid-back barefoot Florida Keys experience, this is it. We weren't looking for a high-end price tag or "resort" amenities, but we were pleasantly surprised by a lovely pool and a view that was amazing. The staff was friendly, and the rooms clean and comfortable. We stayed in the newer hotel part of the compound this trip, but have already reserved one of the older cottages for our next trip down.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Trish D
Glen Ellyn
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My Boyfriend and I stayed at Coconut Cove for 7 days this past week. This is our second time to the Keys and there will be plenty more to come!! Our room (Captain’s Cottage) was perfect! Working kitchen with plenty of room! Picnic table outside of our room was nice. The Pool was very pretty! Spent a full day at it just chilling in between our fishing days... If you’re a coffee drinker, make sure you bring a can, office did not open until 9am for complimentary coffee. They also have packaged “honey buns” in the office, There is no Tiki bar or restaurant on the grounds, but some great places very close by. If you are looking to do a fishing Charter or do Water sports, you will need to call the numbers given to set this up. There is no 'on-grounds" activities. The resort grounds were well maintained and overall it was a great stay for us.. Keep in mind, this resort is not the Checca or the Islander!! If you want high-class stay there! This place is your typical Florida Keys resort. It is an older resort but it does have Newer rooms on the grounds. No make-up, hair pulled into a pony every day, hats, shorts and tanks everyday..If you are looking for a laid back, typical Florida Keys stay, I would recommend this place to family and friends!!!

Room Tip: Captin's rooms had nice view of Ocean view, a little far although from waterfront.. A/C needs t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple