“Paradise and better” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ireland
“Paradise and better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2009

Both my wife and I have travelled all around the world and stayed in a lot of very nice places. This is one place worth a visit. Beautiful location very clean and the staff excellent. When we arrived the lady that welcomed us was very kind and nothing was a bother to make sure we were happy during our stay. We latter found out that the lady was Magda Bates who owns Coconut Cove with her husband Paul. The Pool and the grounds are all designed by Mr Bates and if you do stay here, I think you will agree it is a touch of class. Well priced and well worth a visit.
We will definately be back. I belive weddings are a speciality and no wonder with the beautiful surroundings

Senator Mullan
Irish

Stayed December 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Palm Coast, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2009

I needed a beak from work and decided to head for the Keys! I looked on the Islamorada Chamber of Commerce website and found Coconut Cove Resort & Marina. It was beyond my expectations, moderately priced with 5 Star service. Captain's Quarters are 60's Florida Keys but very clean and comfortable after a long day of fishing. Very quaint marina which gets you to the fishing quickly. The whole property is very well kept with million dollar views. I'll be spending any free time at the Coconut Cove!!

• Liked — Quiet and Peaceful Setting
  • Disliked — Great value
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2008

Our family loves to visit Coconut Cove Resort! It's a great peaceful get-away! The pool is wonderful, staff is great, Rooms are spacious! We go every year, we love it! We have a 7, 5, and 3 year old, the beach entry pool is perfect.

• Liked — The Pool!!
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2008

I could write a book - but we'll keep it to the point!

My husband and I have been coming to the Keys for six years now. We are Floridians in and out! Every chance we get, we are there for the water, fish, lobster, and most of all the environment. To get away from the hussle and bussle!

We have stayed in MANY places throughout the Keys and once we found Coconut Cove - that was it. At first they were re-doing the pool area and some of the rooms. However, once we walked around and saw how abundant the tropical life was and the hospitality we fell in love. The resort is just amazing and quante.

There is a true feeling and atmosphere of what the Keys are Really are and has such a nature and true tropical feel to it.

Coconut Cove offers luxery rooms with jacuzzi (for those sweet weekend get aways) and small cottages for longer stays (to have the kitchen and more room for all the fishing gear)!

Every holiday we can, we go and choose to stay at Coconut Cove because, for the two of us - Coconut Cove is our Keys Family. Every person is so welcoming and stop to talk with us.

The family, Magda and Paul, make us feel as if we are guests in their own home - and truly we are.

Between the beautiful waterfall pool, canopied trails to the water, lush acreage of swaying palm trees, fun activities and fireworks, or the sucluded feeling of 'being the only one there', and the abundance of wildlife - This is our absolute favorite home away from home!!!

If I could call this our second home - I would.

• Liked — Everything - that's why we keep coming back!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2008

My wife and I dreamed of a perfect beach wedding with whatever we wanted and could dream of. Paul and Magda gave us exactly what we were looking for. Besides having the whole property to ourselves for the week before the wedding we were able to add anything we wanted and everything we asked for or needed was taken care of asap. The honeymoon suite was wonderful and clean. The wedding was the most beautiful ever and the food was fantastic, even though we asked for some dishes they had never made before. The DJ was perfect and our special day could not have been any better. People are still talking about it and its been weeks. There are a list of people who attended and now want to get married At Coconut Cove. I highly reccommend this resort and even more so for a wedding!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Suite needs a real shower
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
Stuart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2008

We had our daughters wedding at the Coconut Cove Resort. To quote my daughter, It was absolutely everything we could have imagined. If you want a tropical setting, it is perfect. They set the arch (many guests commented on how beautiful it was) up bwtween 2 palm trees overlooking the ocean. We arrived 2 days early with several small children between the 2 familys and hung out at the pool, it is awesome, with a beach like entry that was great for the many toddlers in the group, also the waterfall is very tranquil to listen to. Between guests and family we had the entire resort booked and it was great to be able to hang out at the awesome tiki bar for the whole weekend with our friends. The day of the wedding the staff goes to work setting up the seating, etc. and it becomes a magical wedding venue. The best thing, is the owners Paul and Magda, along with their staff, treat you as family. They take care of every detail so that you can truly enjoy the experience. I highly recommend the "fireworks display" as our friends were truly amazed (as were we) by how beautiful it was with fireworks bursting over the water as our daughter has her first dance as a married woman. Several of our friends commented that it was the best wedding they had ever been too. I highly recommend Coconut Cove Resort for just a stay in the keys, but especially if you want a stress free fantastic tropical wedding.

Stayed October 2008
West Palm Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2008

I had my wedding here last weekend (October) and it was SPECTACULAR! I read all reviews online and even drove down to the site and met the owners before making my decision. I believe every review I read was helpful because it helped me to set my expectations. The rooms here are economical but it is a mom and pops hotel. If you guests want a resort-style there are lots in the area. We choose to stay at Key Largo Grande Hilton all the nights in the keys, but the wedding night all of us stayed one night here (for $75-$120/night it was a good choice). After meeting the owners I trusted them more with my special day than a mainstream hotel. Paul and Madga plan their life and business around making weddings perfect and my wedding was as close to perfect as it could be! I emailed with Paul & Madga (the owners) back and forth with my requests, photos of bouquets, my dress and any other decisions and they took care of EVERYTHING (photography, video, booking the DJ, catering, you name it- which is great for a destination wedding)!!! By the time the wedding day came I was so relaxed and taken care of that I sat at the beach all day until it was time to get my hair done. The guests couldn't believe the firework show and how well everything looked. My guests said this was the most romantic first dance they had ever seen! Also the open bar had top shelf alcohol from Patron to Jager (which I definitely wasn't expecting for the price). The wedding and colors turned out better than I expected. Our guests and I took up all 15 rooms at the hotel so we really had the entire property to ourselves. After the reception we took over the bar and all of us went swimming (yes, my husband and I in our wedding outfits) What a blast! Magda was there taking photos! I can't wait to see them. My guests and I all agree this is one of the best; if not the best wedding we have ever been to. Great job and I would definitely recommend Coconut Cove to anyone considering a wedding in the Florida Keys.

• Liked — Everything about my wedding: the fireworks, food, drinks, organization. pool.
  • Disliked — This is a hotel that just does weddings. Do not expect coffee or food on site (except at your event) -(but coffee is a short drive and lots of the cabins have a kitchenette)
  • Stayed October 2008