All reviews dream wedding amazing wedding amazing pool laid back small boat the cottages boat ramp fish old florida jet ski key west byob marina keys grounds ocean boats
Reviewed 23 August 2018

This is hands down the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. The room was filthy and reeked of cigarettes when we arrived. Our child found old food in one of the dresser drawers. There were mystery stains all over the walls, and coffee stains on the floor by the pot. The box spring under the queen mattress was stained and mildewed. The pillow on the second bed was stained with God-knows-what. The ceiling above the bathtub was cracked and mildewed with water damage. The walls were thin and we heard conversations from outside our room long into the night.

Outside the room was also terrible. There is no elevator (we don't mind stairs, but they are a challenge with heavy luggage) and bags of trash were left by the stairs. Several metal ladders were left leaning against the railing outside our room, which was not comforting when an intense lightening storm rolled in during the afternoon. The fake rock facade by the pool was cracked and broken, and there was exposed wiring by the waterfall. When we went out to our car in the morning, there was running car parked next to ours with two people sleeping inside of it, and beer bottles strewn around. By the way, there's an open septic pit next to the parking area.

We originally booked two nights, but we cut our trip short and left after one because the place was so disgusting. On the final bill, in all caps, the hotel prints that they do not discount or refund for early departures. We did not ask for one, but I'm guessing this situation has happened at Coconut Cove more than once.

We would have understood if the property just had hurricane damage that they were working on repairing - but Coconut Cove is actually just gross and unsafe.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank FlaNative954
Reviewed 19 August 2018

I have in the past reviewed several places and always gave my honest view. The price is WAY out of range. Was kept up all night with the drunks and drinking especially in room next to me which the walls were paper thin and could hear ever word spoken, but the male in the room sounded like he was on loud speaker.
The area was unkept and the room was NOT impressive to say the least. The pool was cloudy and needed a good cleaning, drinking alcohol and smoking at the pool seemed to be the norm even with little kids around. The beach was not impressive and did not lead to the water which you would not want to get in anyway.
For over $200 (including the taxes) this place is absolutely, positively the worst stay I have experience and I have travel across the country. One sound expect better for the cost. Oh forgot to mention the hair in the bed, I have gray hair but found back hair in the bed, glad I had towels to (TRY) to sleep on.
The things I have mentioned have nothing to do with Hurricane Irma damage, the place was just dirty. Parking was much to be desired also.
I do not write this review and make things up, other facts I have not mentioned. I am a retired Law Enforcement Officer and believe in honesty.
This place is NOT worth anywhere near $200 a night. Read fine print on cancellation, that should speak out very loud. I figured from other reviews that getting your money back would be impossible. I honestly do not see how anyone could give a good review that was honest.
I lost Over $200.00 for the second night I did not stay. Read the other bad reviews on this place and you might find them to be true, I was told that the owner even told someone to go stay somewhere else, he already had their money!!!! This has hurt my wanting to go to the Keys any more, I am Floridian and this is not OLD Florida as said in other responses. I certify that this is a true review and not fake!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Richard W
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Let’s make this review simple for people that doesn’t like to read,

Rooms are old and not clean at all.
Cockroaches
Spiders
Ants
The blankets was dirty full of hair from the previous guest
The shower was not working
The pool was great
And if you are a Cat lover you will enjoy with them because there is lot of cats

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex Ile M
Reviewed 24 July 2018

If you are looking to have fun fishing, boating, swimming and enjoying the Florida Keys without the "$$$" price this place might be for you. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and well maintained. The pool is amazing! Two beautiful sandbars are within one mile of the resort. The boat ramp/dock is sufficient. Fishing is awesome right off the back dock. The employees are all very friendly. If you are bringing a family and staying in one of the Admirals I would recommend bringing a few items for cooking, pots/pans. Maybe a toaster oven. The rooms are a perfect place to rest your head and get some sleep. The air conditioning in our unit was nice as well. Don't listen to all these negative reviews if you are easy going and laid back looking for a nice place to hang out with the family. We will be going back in the near future and will recommend this place to all of our friends!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

All the rooms are disgusting. Don't pay with check!! They make you pay by check so they don't have to refund your money. Because when you get there it is everything but paradise. Woke up to not 1 but 3 palmetto bugs in the room. You can shower while taking a number 2 all at the same time. My bathroom in my camper is bigger than the one we had in our room. We had the big room above the office. Pretty expensive. And don't even think about using the stove. We had a couple others that had rooms with kitchens and there's didn't work either. Tried to talk to the owner but he was so tied up with his new girlfriend. Then we he came out of his house which is part of the resort 2 hours later to tell us if we didn't like it to go stay somewhere else. Being he had our money already and noway to dispute it. Kicked everyone out of the pool for the whole night because there was a little ceremony. Put us over in the mosquito infested mangroves with our babies. The dock fell apart on us. Can't get ice cause it's in the office and the office is always closed. Sand in the beds and on the floors and 2 of the rooms. Like they didn't change the sheets just made the beds. Just a horrible keys experience. Please go elsewhere

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family