“Glad we tried this place....” 4 of 5 bubbles

OO-TRAY
Ranked #27 of 91 Restaurants in Islamorada
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A fun Energetic eatery were great cocktails, good wine, and craft beers are plentiful. Dishes are composed by Chef David Matlock where fun and electric meet to create simply delicious dishes. We have outside and inside dining, MUSIC 7 NIGHTS A WEEK!! Daily happy hours, late night happy hours and much more..
“Glad we tried this place....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was our first time dining at OO-TRAY. We sat at the outside bar and had the Polenta Fritters and a glass of wine. I would go back again just for those, they were delicious! We went inside for dinner and we really liked the atmosphere. I had the blue plate special which was Salisbury Steak with carrots & fingerling potatoes. I thought it was pretty good, but my husband didn't care for it. He had the ribs off the appetizer menu and they were excellent. The portion size was large for an appetizer. The reason for the 4 stars was the Tiramisu. The lady fingers were hard & stale to the point where I couldn't cut it with a knife. The waitress tried to cut it as well, and couldn't. She did take it off our bill. Just couldn't believe they would put something out like that. Looking forward to going back.

• Visited May 2014

nyc
“Something different compared to most Keys resturants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

i've been regularly visiting the keys for the past dozen years, primarily for fishing trips. Last week i was part of a seven-man group in town for several days of fishing, and I suggested OO-Tray for dinner on our first night. i had been in the area less than a month ago to visit family, and we had a very good experience at OO-Tray, so i felt it wasn't a complete shot in the dark.

we ate outside in their very comfortable outdoor seating area, and the collective experience was outstanding. for appetizers, we ordered double portions of the cuban cigar, the ribs, and the foie gras, and not a crumb was left. the fish special of the day was grouper cheeks, which several people, including myself ordered. they were perfectly prepared, moist and very flavorful. i do not recall the details of the other entrees, but everyone was very pleased with their meals.

for after dinner, several of us sampled from their extensive bourbon list (one member of our group professed expertise in this area, and guided our selections), and it was an excellent conclusion to a very first class meal. I would recommend oo-tray to anyone, and look forward to another visit on my next fishing trip to the Keys.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank robertr496
“Top 3 Of The Keys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Late night getting settled in Islamorada. Toss luggage in room. Call friends to meet. What-the-what? New place, haven't been yet? Let's go!

oo-tray says simply •whisky •gastronomy on the sign, didn't know what to expect. It's where Uncles used to be. The menu is a little odd, but hey, I know how to read and I'm not afraid to ask a question or two? Server was Lindsey (possibly Lindsay) and she was pretty awesome. Charlie at the bar was awesome. Both had great recommendations.

I went with what I know. Steak. Flat iron steak. The tastiest dang steak I have ever had in my 41 years on Earth. Period. Ever. Seriously.

It was cooked perfectly. Sides were delicious. The atmosphere is truly the Keys. We sat outside, the music was low enough to talk, but fun. The owners made the rounds. Everyone was smiling and enjoying themselves.

If you love, really love insanely good food, oo-tray is a must on your visit to Islamorada. I know one reviewer said it was expensive. Hello? Everything in the Keys is expensive, but oo-tray didn't break the bank. Very reasonable and not even close to the prices I have paid for a steak that wasn't 1/10th as good elsewhere.

Go here. Eat here. Rinse, repeat. You cannot go wrong with this place. Going to go again soon. And I will keep making plans to go for every visit.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank travelxphoto
Miami, Florida
“Great New Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We travel to the Keys regularly and OO-TRAY is definitely one of our new favorite restaurants. The service was excellent and the creative menu items were absolutely fantastic. Even our kids loved their meals (my 8 year old asked midway through his meal whether we could order him another steak). I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
Islamorada
“Not your standard Keys restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for the standard Keys fish, steak & chicken restaurant where the food is prepared in the usual way, this place may not be for you. If you are looking for that same fare prepared in new, unusual & delicious ways, then OO-tray may be the place for you. I don't particularly like beets, goat cheese or ice cream, but the beet salad with goat cheese ice cream blew me away. I could eat a pint of the goat cheese ice cream by itself. The prawn special was delicious. The foie gras Johnny cakes were surprisingly tasty. My wife loved the tuna entree & we both really enjoyed the peach cobbler.

1 Thank GregN142