“Nice addition to Islamorada”

S.A.L.T Fusion Cuisine & Cana Lounge
Price range: US$10 - US$38
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: S.A.L.T. is Southern/Asian/Latin/Tastes the culinary background of South Florida award winning Chef George Patti. Teamed with Sommelier Thomas Smith they've created a remarkable dining adventure in the Florida Keys. Creative, fresh made foods meet sommelier selected wines, specialty beers and craft cocktails made with fresh juices, herbs and handmade infused simple syrups. Upstairs is Cana Lounge for light bites, desserts and drinks in a classy urban setting for a complete evening experience.
East Lansing, Michigan
“Nice addition to Islamorada”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Decided to SALT for cocktails and tapas menu in the Cana lounge upstairs. Sean is a great
Bartender and offered helpful suggestions on food and signature cocktails.
My guest and I tried the tempura shrimp and spring rolls. Both came out hot and we enjoyed them very much.
We weren't hungry enough to order from the full menu but we did have a look at it. Some very unusual and creative choices. I will definitely dine here again upon my next visit it Islamorada.
Loved the transformation of the building as well.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sambo2359

Islamorada, Florida
“Excelsior”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Having worked in, invested in and dined in restaurants of all types, I can safely say SALT is first rate all the way. From the wonderfully updated interior to the training of the staff and last but not least THE FOOD. What a wonderful wide raging menu. I have been three times and on the last trip, I was watching people's reaction to that first bite. To a person at our table, everyone paused, looked-up and said OMG (or the equivalent). Our party had fish and meat dishes. We did not try the signature cocktails but worked the wine list - excellent. Will be back later this month - and I don't live in the Keys!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank melekalikimaka57
Marion, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Suzanne G Amazing”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My friend and I were treated to a "private dinner" during my recent stay in Islamorada. What an unforgettable night. Chef George explained each course. The staff...can't say enough. Although the entire meal was beyond wonderful, I can not get over the watermelon with sake, micro-greens, and goat cheese. My mouth is watering now. We had a beautiful, tasty salad with watermelon radishes and their in house lamb bacon followed by beef tenderloin, potato dish and fresh asparagus and homemade ice cream to finish. The drinks are marvelous. The food is beautiful, scrumptious.... surpassed only by entire group that took such good care of us. Thanks to all. Don't miss an opportunity to enjoys S.A.L.T. You won't regret it.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gamster2014
Marathon, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Divine!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My husband and I have been anxiously awaiting the opening of SALT. Finally got there and we were not disappointed. Having worked in NYC for 20 years before moving to the Keys, we miss really great cuisine. SALT delivers. We sat at the bar, where the bartender was friendly, attentive (but not overly) and, most importantly, very knowledgeable about the menu and food prep. Chef George Patti's menu is creative and indulgent. It was difficult to make a choice The special way they prepare their beef has divine results. I ordered the tenderloin and ate the whole thing. Typically some comes home for the dogs. My husband had the scallops. He cleaned his plate. We brought home a piece of the Elvis bread pudding and it, too, was heavenly. My gin cocktail was delicious, my husband had some sort of unusual beer he thoroughly enjoyed and the house sauvignon blanc I had with my meal was perfect. We have eaten at Chef Patti's other place, MEAT, and you can count on us returned to both on a regular basis.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Christy J
Chicago, Illinois
“Completely missed the mark.”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Service was slow and scattered.
Too pricey for the quality of food.
Not worth a second visit. Tried their other location previously and it also fell short on food quality.

2 Thank Lenard10