“Have to go here”

S.A.L.T Fusion Cuisine & Cana Lounge
Price range: US$10 - US$38
Cuisines: Asian, Latin, Seafood, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: S.A.L.T. is Southern/Asian/Latin/Tastes the culinary background of South Florida award winning Chef George Patti. Teamed with Sommelier Thomas Smith they've created a remarkable dining adventure in the Florida Keys. Creative, fresh made foods meet sommelier selected wines, specialty beers and craft cocktails made with fresh juices, herbs and handmade infused simple syrups. Upstairs is Cana Lounge for light bites, desserts and drinks in a classy urban setting for a complete evening experience.
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Friendly and attentive service, the food was delicious - the best filet I've ever had! The price of the food is very reasonable given the quality of the food. It's just a little noisy in there - there's nothing to really buffet the sound on the walls - but not so noisy as to not enjoy a conversation. Can't wait to go back the next time we're back.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Islamorada has a surprising density of good restaurants, and SALT is at the top of my list. When we entered, we were met with immediate greetings, and my seating preferences were courteously honored.

The person waiting on us (wish I remembered his name!) was polite, cheerful, and was totally able to peg how off-the-beaten-path we were willing to go with our food.

I ordered a cocktail off the menu (something with grapefruit and jalapeno) and it was delicious! My husband requested a custom cocktail reminiscent of something he had had in the Bahamas, and the bartender not only obliged, but nailed it.

We had a beet salad (spl of the day), the pork belly, filipino rolls and mussels to start. Salad was fresh and delicious, the pork belly plate was excellent, with perfectly cooked meat, and the composition was spot on. The Filipino roll I could have lived without. Mussels were again delicious, with the miso & mirin adding a very delicate richness to its flavor.

The excellent service, checking on us, and being attentive without being in our way - all these things continued as we moved on to entrees, and all the way till we walked out.

I had the shrimp & grits for dinner. My husband had a fish special. They were both out of this world. As a Texas girl, I've had my fair share of grits, but these manchego grits elevated it out of boredom, into something I would serve proudly at my table.

At this point we were bursting at our seams, but got talked into the creme brulee trio. Which was, again, delicious (though, being a creme brulee purist, I have to say that nothing compares to vanilla bean).

SALT was the best dinner experience we had on Islamorada, and I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Love having drinks and small bites upstairs in the Cana Lounge. I have been here several times and they are always accommodating with us. Dinner in Salt downstairs is always on point. We love having this gem in Islamorada!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

very trendy food. Staff made it a dining experience. Club upstairs for cocktails after dinner. Very close to Ocean House Hotel

1  Thank Michael_S1002014
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This restaurant is difficult to describe! It is sleek, modern and very unusual, with a huge array of wines on offer and quite an extensive menu. The service was faultless and the staff certainly know their stuff. We loved some of our dishes, especially the amuse bouche, but others did not quite hit the mark. We would recommend the fish & chips - it looks amazing!