“Definitely the Best!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bentley's - CLOSED

Bentley's
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hinesville, GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely the Best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2008

This place was awsome. We stayed a Week in Islamorado and we tried several different places but we had to make a second visit here. Well worth the money. Should be in the top 10!

massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“needs a new chef”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2008

I was there earlier this week and ordered what was supposed to be garlic escargot, the snails were served swimming in clarified butter with mushrooms and scallions, sliced and inclucding the scallion roots. There was no garlic or even a garlic taste, just a dash of hot sauce. A friend who was with me was having garlic shrimp. I had a taste and guess what, no garlic, his shrimp was prepared with only buttered breadcrumbs. His wife had coconut shrimp which she said was good. Maybe they just ran out of garlic, if so those dishes shouldn't be on the menu.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2008

My husband took me here for dinner to celebrate my birthday while we were on vacation. Our server was very courteous and friendly. The food was fresh and prepared any way you liked it. I know you go to the keys for fresh seafood, but my husband ordered king crab legs because they said they were flown in that day. I must say, the crab legs were delicious and they were the biggest crab legs we had ever seen in our lives. There wasn't any music in the place so the atmosphere was not lively. If you are looking for a nice place to have dinner without people in fishing t-shirts and baseball caps, this is the place.

1 Thank YChick
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not what I expected!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2007

I was in the Keys for the entire week of the 4th of July. The first night I ralllied for the entire group to go to Bentley's since I heard so many good things about the place.

The outside is very tacky looking but this is not an issue...as I was there for food and not an exterior architectural review.

The waiter was so dumb...she had no personality. Screwed up so many things. She could not even use a debit card properly. Kept messing up with the order and coming back to ask us what we ordered. Maybe she should have written it down on paper...oh...sorry...yesm, she did.

Food was very expensive and despite all that I have heard, I really don't think it met my expectation as to quality for the price.

However, it was not the most dreadful place I have ever been too...but I don't think cost matches quality by any means. I think all the fish dishes had the same sauces...well it seemed so to us all. It was 6 of us at dinner.

Hard to say i will ever go back. But really very over-rated. I can't say that any restaurant in the Keys for that timeframe thrilled me to bits.

1 Thank nmd102267
Colorado Springs
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2007

The inside of the restaurant is nothing like the exterior. We were expecting a bar type place, instead we got a lounge type feel that actually pretty pleasant. Much fancier than you would expect by looking at the neon green exterior. The service was slow. The waiter took literally 8 minutes to ramble on about the specials and all the different ways they could cook shrimp. We felt that we were trapped in some Forest Gump/Hidden Camera Reality Show.

But the fish was the best I had during my week in the keys. It was excellent. The twice-baked potato is also very delicious. The drink prices are very low compared to other places nearby. I highly recommend it.

1 Thank rainier98