“Sent away”

Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a nouveau fusion restaurant, representing eclectic styles of cuisines. We source local and seasonal ingredients to compliment our ever changing menu. We have a wine list that represents 5 continents and over 120 offerings.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

They don't do take out. Wanted to bring sushi to my friends and family via take-out. Went with a friend and told the hostess we would like to sit at the bar and each order a drink and then order take out. We were told there was no room at the bar and that they don't do take out. Wow, they just lost easy business. So we went to the sushi bar at Cheeca Lodge (NIkai) a block down the road. They rushed us right in, the hostess was just gushing over us, said they were so happy to take care of us, pulled out our chairs for us at the sushu bar. We spent over $150 on drinks and take out sushi. Everyone loved their food, too. And we felt like a million dollars and we weren't even guests of the hotel.

1  Thank RudyMable

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I went here for dinner and it will be our last. The quality of the food is poor. My husband got the crusted chicken: dry, dry dry. The chicken was dry, the rice was dry and plain, and the veggies were dry. He only ended up eating just the one chicken. The soup of the day tasted as if it came out of a can. I ordered two rolls: spider roll and Mount Fuji roll. Spider roll i took one bite and didn't eat anymore. It was like I was eating paper. The Mount Fuji was ok, just the topping had way too much mayo and the scallops were like baby frozen ones. I would have thought the server would have asked how was everything seeing we barely ate, but they have that setup well. They have a bus person scope the table and say are you done and take your plates and then server come and ask if you want dessert. Heck no. I will not recommend this place at all. For what they charge not worth it , even if they lowered prices I would not go back.

1  Thank Selina D
TurtleTracker, Manager at Kaiyo Grill & Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your response, I am sorry that you did not care for your dinner at Kaiyo the other night. I can assure you, that our vegetables are fresh and cooked to order. Our spider roll is one of our most popular rolls, it is made with soft shell blue crab. Our servers are trained to go to the table after the 2nd bite or 2 minutes. I apologize if that did not happen. Please give us another chance to wow you. Call me at 305-664-5556.

Mgmt.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Ate here twice while on vacation. Very good sushi. Nice mahimahi. Reasonable prices. Left stuffed. No room for dessert. Go early if you don't have reservations - it was quite full by 7 PM

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We enjoyed the dining experience immensely. The wine selection offered some interesting international choices. We selected one that paired well with our chosen dishes of crab cakes and yellowtail. The service was excellent. Definitely would return on our next trip to the Keys.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I got the Rad Thai and my wife got the Hirosa Wood Grill prepared fresh catch. The Rad Thai was very good but the fish prepared that way was amazing!! Try it!