4,106 results
All reviews golf course adult pool family pool sushi restaurant atlantic's edge lagoon view outdoor tub the lobster grilled cheese glass of champagne main building front gate turn down service resort fee tennis courts tommy bahama beautiful resort fish
Reviewed 30 November 2015

We booked a trip to Cheeca to stay in an oceanfront room for a week in December. Shortly after I made the reservation I sent an e-mail to the resort asking to make a slight change. I used the e-mail address that was in my booking confirmation from the resort. Weeks went by and I didn't hear anything so I called the resort directly. I was transferred to someone who said he could not help me modify an existing reservation, he could only help me with a brand new reservation. I needed to be transferred to another department to modify my reservation. There was nobody in that department so I was given the option to leave a message. I left a message including my name, number, and that I wanted to make a change to my reservation. You can most likely guess that nobody ever called me back. After they couldn't handle a simple reservation modification I was very concerned about giving thousands of dollars to a resort like this. I called back this week and asked to have my reservation canceled. After being transferred around again several times I finally got through to someone who helped me cancel. I felt extremely relieved when I got my deposit back. I'm sure the resort is a lovely place but I highly question their ability to deliver a solid vacation experience when they can't help me modify a reservation after several contact attempts on my part. Attention to detail is clearly not their thing. . . We are still going on our vacation in December but have booked another beautiful resort with better reviews and a much more convenient and reliable reservation process.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Drift3r
CheecaLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Cheeca Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2015

We sincerely apologize for the communication problems and delays you experienced while attempting to alter your reservation. We understand that we did not deliver the level of quality service you expected, and we are taking the necessary steps to ensure this does not happen again. We are disappointed that you ended up cancelling your reservation as we are confident we would have delivered the high level of quality service you expect and deserve once you arrived here. Thank you for pointing out this issue to us and we hope you will reconsider another stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 29 November 2015

The pool is awful...crowded and completely shaded! Very small area and the chairs are dingy and stained! No beach for swimming just lounging. My kids were so disappointed. Food is very average. The kids club is a nice option, however they released my kids to a complete stranger who then brought them to the adult pool where my husband and I were trying to enjoy a little quiet time! Overall it is a beautiful location, but is tired and bpvery average!

1  Thank Lisa H

Thank you for your feedback, and we are glad you discovered our location to be beautiful. We are very sorry our family-friendly free-form pool did not meet your expectations. Please know that our Camp Cheeca counselors are thoroughly evaluated and trained as child care professionals, and we apologize that your personal time at the adults-only pool was disturbed. Thank you for your feedback; we will use it to improve and enhance our overall guest experience here at Cheeca.

Reviewed 25 November 2015

Let me start by saying my husband and I have stayed at Cheeca a number of times, with and without our children, both before and after the fire. As a general matter, I have always been fond of the property. Our most recent stay was hopefully a bad day, but having been encouraged by Cheeca to review the resort on Trip Advisor, here it is.

I'll start with the positives: the bathroom is large and the shower, in my opinion, one of the best out there. I love a shower which does not limit how hot you can make the water or how long you can stay in the scalding water. Also notable is the breakfast buffet, which comes in two speeds: with meat or without, with a corresponding adjustment in price. Being a small person and a vegetarian, I sincerely appreciated that. Service at the buffet breakfast was excellent, dishes cleared and coffee refilled promptly.

With the exception of the breakfast staff, the human element left a great deal to be desired. Check in time is 4 PM (and check out is 11 AM. Really! You can't do the morning eco tour and get back in time to clean up before checking out.) We arrived at 4:15 PM to find nobody at the valet desk, with cars scattered haphazardly all over the entry area. Inside the hotel, there was 1 person working check-in at the official check-in time, resulting in a line of guests waiting to check in. The glass of champagne that is a hallmark of Cheeca check in was not offered as in the past, but had to be affirmatively requested (and we needed it by the time we checked in). After the aggravation of the valet and check in processes, once we arrived at our room, we discovered that neither of the keys provided actually opened the door, necessitating another trip to check in.

In the room, which is reasonably large and well appointed, there was an outlet on only one side of the bed and generally not enough outlets in the room. The carpet in our room had large discolored areas. The ceiling fan only worked if the light was on, precluding sleeping with the door open and the fan on. The blow dryer in the room did not work. The room had a lovely porch with rocking chairs.

The free wifi lacked the necessary strength to reach our room. While we could connect, we could not actually open pages, etc.

The resort fee, $39 per room per night at this writing, is steep if you are not there for the resort. My husband and I like Cheeca's proximity to the fishing guide we use, and, given it's location, I would suspect there are other people in the same position. Given Cheeca's proximity to the Lorelei, they should consider this.

Cheeca is not an inexpensive property. For the money it charges, I expect better.

Finally, read carefully before you reserve: 7 day cancelation requirement.

Room Tip: The rooms by the golf course (away from the pools) are wonderfully quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa446
CheecaLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Cheeca Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2015

Feedback like yours is extremely important to us, and we appreciate your longtime loyalty to our resort. We are happy that you enjoyed the shower and balcony in your room and our plentiful breakfast buffet offering a variety of choices. We were very dismayed to read about your experience at check-in as we did not deliver the level of quality service you expect and deserve during each and every stay with us. Please accept our apologies. We are in the process of refurbishing all of our rooms and we are confident that the issues you experienced with yours will be rectified during your next visit. Our resort fee does include tennis, golf, fishing rods, sea kayaks, bicycles, shade cabanas, fitness center, DVD movie rentals, in-room coffee, tea and bottled water, wireless internet, guest internet station with DSL and printer, local and 800 calls, guest fax services, daily newspaper delivery, local shuttle service and valet or self-parking. We would like to speak to you directly about your stay, so please give our Guest Services department a call at (305)664-4651. It is vital to us that your next visit is flawless, and that your fondness for our property will continue to grow. Thank you so much for your observations, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 25 November 2015

We stayed here for a week and had a wonderful time. The location is perfect to see all of the Keys. The room was spacious with a pretty water front view. We ate lunch at the hotel and it was very good. For dinner, we went to a variety of local restaurants with waterfront views. The hotel has 2 pools, kayaks, bikes, paddle boards, fishing poles and a golf course. All of this is included, which is a plus.
The grounds are gorgeous with many flowers, plants and palm trees,
Definitely recommend a visit

1  Thank Maureen D

Thank you for your splendid recommendation, and we are so happy you had such a wonderful stay. Cheeca Lodge is centrally located in the heart of the Florida Keys and is the perfect spot to explore all of the Keys from Key Largo to Key West. Thank you for your review, and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2015

We decided to stay a night at the Cheeca Lodge after first coming to one of the restaurants for dinner. This is a beautiful property with a trio of fine dining restaurants and many available activities. Weather related poor visibility kept us from snorkeling, but the room was large and plush. The beach front is beautiful and I was entertained by a variety of shore birds.

Room Tip: Ocean views are nice
2  Thank Karl B

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us, and that you enjoyed our three restaurants and many of the activities we offer here. The shallow waters off our shores create the perfect playground for a host of native shorebirds, and we are glad they kept you entertained. Please come back again soon (hopefully the weather will be perfect for diving and snorkeling), and thank you for writing.