“TERRIBLE! HORRIBLE! TERRIBLE! HORRIBLE!”

Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 23 May 2013

HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE!!!
This hotel is absolutely horrible! I gave one star only because NO star option is not available. We had our reservations for Memorial Day Weekend (5/24/13-5/27/13) wayyyyyy in advance, we booked early knowing that hotels raise the price last minute (especially for this weekend). We even drove down to the Keys to check out the hotel in advance. Two days before our trip our credit card was processed WITHOUT authorization. We received a phone call saying that because of an error on their part they had to raise our "already confirmed rate"! Very sneaky! Once we did not agree and argued that our price was locked in, they went ahead and cancelled ALL 6 rooms we had reserved! The owner stated "If you stay here, you will pay what I want you to pay" owners name is Mark. We felt extremely offended and dissapointed that our trip had now been ruined by some cocky hotel owner. It's a DAYS INN for crying out loud! Regardless I am from Miami and I've been born and raised around the Florida Keys. There are PLENTY of nice hotels in this area that will not act with such low class. If you do decide to book here (CRAZY) I recommend you receive everything in writing and be very careful with your credit card. Now they don't want to send us a cancellation email, they said Mark had to approve it first!! That is hotel standard and POLICY!!! I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO THIS HOTEL NOR WILL I FORGET THE WAY THINGS WERE HANDLED BY MR. MARK......

Room Tip: In order to choose a good room with a pleasant stay...DO NOT BOOK HERE!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GvG600
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Sorry, we would had loved to have had you as a guest however our policy is that I can not hold a room for a guest with a credit card that is declined.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

could have been a little cleaner, Only stayed for about 10 hours passing through, it was ok just not the best. It is ok if you are just stopping to sleep. Beds and decor could use some updating, due to the recession I'm not surprised the funds aren't there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We appreciate all input and hope you will stop again.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Reviewed 11 April 2013

This hotel is one of the best in the Keys. The views from my room were terrific and the room itself was in great condition. The grounds of the hotel are first class! Also, I would like to add that the service staff and managers are very good. I have stayed here before and will continue to stay here on my visits to Florida. Very enjoyable experience overall....I highly recommend this hotel!

Greg
Reno, Nevada

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg K
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Thank you so much. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit again

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Booked 3 nights, left after first...Stacey, the manager, would not give me the owner's phone number...wanted to complain about her rudeness and uncooperative nature...would not give us extra towels for pool...only two in room...no sheets for pull-out...said the laundry person went home...Continental breakfast!!no coffe cups, said they were out and just a little basket of granola bars!!! Unbelievable... When I told her how disappointed I was, she laughed and said "you know how many times I hear that!" Stopped at the Visitor Center to let them know and they told me they get constant complaints...air conditioner didn't work, blew hot air, Stacy said, "been broken for weeks, go for a swim!!" Bottom line, I travel a lot and have never, ever experienced anything so pitiful!! There were other couples in the office demanding their money back as well..place should be condemned!,!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GarrettF753
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Just want to say that my two daughters (9 & 12) and I stayed there for a few nights during spring break. My husband couldn't make it so it was a girls trip! I didn't know what to expect with Days Inn, we booked online so I think it was the effeciency at $219.00 a night. When we went in to see if we could check in early, I was asked if I booked online, and said yes. I was told by the clerk that we actually overpaid. The next room upgrade was a poolside villa and it was $199.00. So I asked if we could see that. I was told that there was also an opening in the Oceanfront Suites. We looked at all three. I would have died if I had stayed in the double bed efficiency. The Villa was a little better, but the Oceanfront Suite was really nice. It was $30 more a night which ended up being like 249.00, but it was worth it to me. It was clean and very open, with a large balcony. I have to say that to me the whole hotel had a weird smell to it. Luckily I had lysol so I sprayed everything down, and that did seem to help. My kids really enjoyed staying there. It is almost the size of a condo. Everyone was extremely friendly, and the A1A sports staff that rent out the Kayaks, boats, etc., were also very friendly to us all. We rented a Kayak and the kids had a blast even caught a shark in the cast net. We have stayed in Islamorada a lot so we were familiar with the restaurants and shops. One of the best is a Cuban restuarant somewhere around MM 73/72 on the Oceanside. Cheap with wonderful food. My kids love the steak the best. You also have to hit Robbie's to feed the Tarpon, foods ok. You have a full kitchen in all of the rooms the suite also has a washer and dryer which was really nice. I saw that someone said that there wasn't a beach. Well the keys don't have tons of beaches, no natural sand, and it's mostly coral. From the hotel you can easily access the ocean, and we had a great time there, the kids can walk through and snorkel etc., but about 7 miles south is Anne's beach and it's pretty nice, and then there is a manmade beach at the Postcard Inn (Tiki Bar) . You can also drive down to Marathon. You will run into about the same thing in mostly all hotels with the beach situation. As long as you know, it's not too disappointing. It's easier to just pick a place and swing over to the beach or bay. I would definitely recommend staying in the Oceanfront suite. I would not stay in the efficiency at all!! I wouldn't count on their continental breakfast either. It's some ceral, juice etc., set up in the very small dark lobby on the check in counter........ We bought bagels and ate on our balcony overlooking the beautiful ocean. Hope this helps. I'm extemely picky and we enjoyed it there. :)

Room Tip: Oceanfront view, they are the full suites, the side ones are only small rooms (I saw one). Remeber...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 501Barbara
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Thank for the taking the time to give your review of your staff with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
Pelican Cove Resort & Marina
Pelican Cove Resort & Marina
#3 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada? Share your experiences!