“Pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Miami, Florida
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Ive been coming down to the florida keys for a long time and i never stayed at the days inn in islamorada, well this time i decided to book a room and stay there. I was told over the phone what rooms were available and i chose an ocean view standard with a king size bed for 139.99 plus tax( very reasonable compared to other hotels close by). I was checked in by Sherri who also took my reservation she was very nice, she checked us in quickly and gave us a bunch of places to go to eat and activities to check out. The room was clean and the view was great, the hotel itself looked relatively clean but appeared to need some touch ups and updating but other than that me and my gf had a great time. They have Iguanas Lounge next to the front desk where they served cold beer and had two flat screens, a dart board, a bahamian ring toss game & other fun games so we wound up spending a lot of time at the hotels Lounge after our daily activities. I read some of the reviews on here and i can say i didnt have any complaints nor did i feel i was paying too much( other hotels in the area were much more, i wont even mention the price of an ocean view room at the cheeca lodge) on the contrary i have nothing but praise & good things to say. I want to thank Sherri, Louis, Keith and everyone there we had a blast! cant wait to see you all again soon ! .

Room Tip: The courtyard is less expensive but is in the older part of the hotel, i spent the extra 20$ and got...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DI I, Front Office Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very happy you had a wonderful experience here and were able to appreciate the wonderful ocean views, the Iguana patio lounge and all area has to offer. We hope you'll choose us again for your next visit to Islamorada. Once again Thanks and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

First of all, be very wary of these other reviews just raving about the resort. The resort pictured here is not the resort these other people have stayed at and are writing the reviews about because the resort pictured here is an old place consisting of several units of all ground floor rooms, no balconies, and this resort is NOT on the beach either. So allowing these reviews to be posted for this resort is definitely misleading.

We recently took a group of 22 women to this place over the Labor Day weekend. We had negotiated a discounted rate a couple of months prior to our arrival, but never received anything in writing from management, so we kept our email correspondence in case it was needed. It was! First of all, the rooms were dirty; there were bugs in the bathroom, the floors were dirty, the towels and linens were very old and shabby, and the beds were terrible--all of them sagged in the middle. Second, there was no cold water. Yes, that's right: no cold water. Most people complain about not having hot water but in our case, that's ALL we had, and it was scalding hot! One lady in our group made the mistake of stepping into the shower before checking the temperature and she got scalded. We called management numerous times but nothing was ever done, just as they never responded to our complaints about the bugs and the dirty conditions. We had to ask numerous times for the roll-away bed that we had booked and it was finally brought to our room at about 11 pm. And last, but most important: management refused to honor our discounted rate upon checkout, even though the manager was shown the email correspondence that showed the rate that the group was given during negotiations. The manager was very rude and belligerent to us and absolutely refused to work with us in any way. We were charged $250 more than the price that was originally quoted to us, for the privilege of staying in a dump. I will certainly never return here and strongly recommend that you carefully research this place before making the decision to stay here, because their ads are definitely misleading. The address given is not even the address of the resort shown in the picture; it is for the Days Inn Oceanfront resort, which is entirely different from the place pictured here. So be careful. They are not honest people here at all..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bluescoot1

Travellers are raving about these Islamorada hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Definitely not worth the money. Good location but that is the only thing it has going for it. Service was sub par, rooms were sub par and price was pretty high. I will not be staying at this place again.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Travelbug2316
Illinois City, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

The shock on our faces when we entered this suite was probably worth a photo! Staying here for a few days definitely put a damper on the vacation to the Keys. None of us wanted to spend any time in this suite to say the least. It was a major let down! I could go on and on about everything that was wrong with this hotel, but if you read the other reviews, you will get the idea, so I'll just list some. (FYI: I didn't book this hotel, my mother did; I'd say she didn't look into the reviews at all, I think she was mostly looking at the price.) We stayed in the old area right off of US 1, so there was a lot of noise and rattling of the room. There is no ocean view here; we had to cross the street to see that. No beach either or at least I wouldn't call that a beach....what a joke! It was very dirty down there too. As for the room, the decor and condition of the room was awful! The tile looked like it hadn't been deep cleaned or replaced in years and that goes for everything else in the suite...very old and outdated. Lots of broken drawers and the light above the kitchen sink didn't work. The bedroom smelled like dirty feet and the TV didn't work. The bathroom had bugs/ gnats?? coming in through the shut window and random holes in the walls/tile. We didn't even want to attempt to eat or drink anything here so can't comment on those areas. This place needs a major overhaul! I would hate to see what Anthony on Hotel Impossible would say about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Kim K
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel over ten years ago and the place was amazing back then. They haven't put a penny into this place since. The elevator broke down, the a/c broke down, the "breakfast" consisted of saran wrapped donuts and the windows and doors were not sealed at all. The rain came in through several areas and the worst part was that we heard everything that was being said two floors below. I wouldn't recommend this place for any reason! They also charged me $30.00 more per night than was quoted and because they have you sign a paper upon check-in, you are screwed.

Room Tip: The views are great on the Oceanside.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hikergirl2010
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I booked a room at this hotel using Travelocity's secret deal. So I did not know what hotel it was until I already paid. I was worried after the hotel name was revealed to me and looking at the many negative reviews on here. As a result, my expectations were set very low. I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel exceeded my expectations. First, the positive. We were assigned a regular, king sized bed room in the main building. All the rooms in this building have a very nice ocean view with a nice sized balcony. The view and the balcony were a major plus. Also most of the hotel property is set back east of US 1 so it is quiet. Many other hotels in Islamorada are right off of US 1 and I suspect hear a lot of noise from the passing traffic. The hotel has a very reasonably priced watersport rental company right on site that rents jet-skis, kayaks, boats and more. The hotel has a small indoor/outdoor bar area that has a happy hour every evening. Beers are just $2 and wine prices are very reasonable. The negative - we did not have any towels in our room when we arrived so I attempted to call the front desk to let them know but couldn't because the phone didn't work! I had to walk over to the front desk to let the attendant know. She apologized about the lack of towels and said they are aware of the phone not working, they don't work in about half the building. As other reviewers stated, the hotel is dated and can use a major renovation. Our room had some new furniture, a somewhat new mini-fridge, new shower head and a new paint job. However, the furniture was cheap looking, bedding was in good shape but looked like something purchased at Walmart in the early 90's, and some of the outlets didn't work, and the TV was not a LCD/plasma (but worked fine). Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes, I would but not at the price I paid, $219 a night (including all fees). I would definitely stay there again if the room rate was below $150. The ocean view and nice balcony overcome most of the negatives for me.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main building on the ocean if you would like a nice balcony with a beautiful view...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DI I, Front Office Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. Your review is greatly appreciated and we strive to make improvements based on our reviews.

We hope you enjoyed Islamorada and will concider staying here again for your next visit.
Bay Shore, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Front desk was dirty run down. Room location was in a courtyard of weeds and dirt. Room smelled over powering of coconut oil masking some other horrible smell.Place was run down and dirty. They not only refused to give me a refund. Infact the woman behind the deal laughed and said they got paid already thru Expedia Who by the way would do nothing about it! We never stayed here...we couldn't i could not breathe and was afraid of roaches, it was like a $35 a nite crack den! Not only was I charged $501 for two nights but the hotel staff and Expedia lied and said I never filed a complaint! Lie,lie lie!! Rip offs. Also, no beach/waterfront ... was told their property boarders water! Horrendous!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family