“Overrun and Over Priced”

Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Ocean view was a joke and for $229.00 per night, you would think the doors between the rooms would lock for the safety of the family. The sliding door on the first floor would not lock, nor would the door between the room adjacent. The night clerk said nothing could be done, and the hotel (if you could call it that) was booked, and I needed to report it in the am to the front desk. My wife was scared to death and I had to sleep with my weapon under my pillow and block the door with the bed with slept on. I reported it first thing in the am to the front desk, and they stated it would be corrected. We returned around midnight after enjoying the keys, and nothing was fixed. HORRIBLE place to stay and way over priced. In addition the beds felt like you where sleeping in quick sand.

J.R.
South Miami

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was our second stay at the Islamorada Days Inn. Loved every minute of it. Everyone we encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. As we walked around the property we were greeted by the staff who always asked if we needed anything, how our stay was so far and could they do anything to make it better. Talk about great customer service.

We again stayed in the poolside villa. The room was spacious and clean. No complaints there. Housekeeping was on top of everything. We had one day with bad weather and stayed in the room most of the day. When housekeeping came by we told them we were ok and there was no need to clean the room. We later left for dinner and upon our return discovered that the housekeeping staff returned to clean our room while we were away.

I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our stay at the Islamorada Days Inn and look forward to my next trip there.

Room Tip: Loved the pool side villa. Haven't stayed in the ocean view rooms but heard fabulous things abo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are striving to make all our guest's stay as wonderful as possible and hope you will have the chance to stay again on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We were at this hotel at the end of December. We booked last minute so it was not our first choice. The room was clean, we had a balcony with a ocean view (not ocean front view).
While we were waiting to register, I heard the manager speaking to a young woman looking for a job. This woman only spoke Spanish and had little experience. The manager told her that she will give her a chance if she agree to work half a day for free. She told her the 40$ she should received for her work will in fact pay the fees of "resume check" by the manager. Then maybe she will have a job. Is it legal??? I am so upset by the manager behavior and the overpriced room, spend your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: An ocean view room is not a an ocean front view... Many balconies are on the side but they called it...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We picked the hotel because it was located on the beach.... We looked at the $230 ocean view room (not ocean front) and it looked clean and very nice. It was later in the day so we opted for a standard room cuz we would be leaving early the next morning and felt we could spend our money we saved on the difference on something a little more upscale the next night. Well we should have paid the extra for the ocean view room cuz the standard room was not good. The kitchenette and bathroom were clean but one of the single beds had sand and a couple of bugs on the sheet when you pulled back the comforter. Just felt itchy even after I brushed the sand off. Because of tripadvisor reviews of other people getting over charged I wanted a copy of my receipt... they told me to pick it up at 8:00 in the morning at the lobby. I went to the lobby and this lady who must of worked there told me to go back to my room cuz who ever was working was late and it probably wouldn't open for about and hour. I said I needed to get going and she said.... I don't know what to tell you. Finally the guy came about 1/2hr late and opened the lobby. He had to set up the breakfast pastries and stuff for the people waiting before he could help me. Got my receipt and it was correct $129 for a old, dated standard room. I guess you get what you pay for.... should've paid the extra and got the ocean view room!

Room Tip: Pay for an Ocean view or better room.... or find a different hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
DI I, Front Office Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

We're so sorry you were not happy with the room you chose for your stay. Had you come to the office and let us know immediately we would have gladly changed the location for you to the ocean view room.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

i stayed their and the place is a dump. the rooms were dirty and had to call the desk to clean the place . i called the main corporate office to complain.
if your smart you will stay away we asked to have the grill cleaned for it had cigrette buts in it .
the say a beach there is none. the poolis small the grounds are not what you would call great for that price

Room Tip: look at the hampton inn
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed for two nights. The rooms were cleaned to perfection. The rooms do need remodeling or updating in some way. The property is nice with rental jet ski's and paddle boards on site. Rental rates were a little more than other places that we stopped to inquire. We did not have interaction with the office, other than checking in, however, at check in the lady (do not know her name) was a little off putting. Maybe she was just having an off day. I would not stay there again, however, believe me there are other places in the area much worse. I was just happy that the rooms were spotless. This is a place that is near everything worth going to.

Room Tip: I will never stay here again. However, I would definitely ask for a room off the road, not on the co...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the days inn last week and had an incredible time. The staff was wonderful ! The woman at the front desk Sherri was a complete joy ! I was looking for directions for a place for dinner and the maintenance man Keith was very nice and helpful with his knowledge about the keys. It is not a Rich hotel but it sure has the hospitality of one. The ocean view was great and would go back when I visit the keys ! Definitely stay at the days inn !

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very pleased you enjoyed your time here. We hope you get the chance to stop back and stay with us again soon!