“A Great Place to Stay in Islamorada”

Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Prince George, Virginia
“A Great Place to Stay in Islamorada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have just returned from our fifth annual guys fishing trip to Islamorada, Florida. We always make a point of staying at the Days Inn and Suites due to their remarkable staff. Sherry, the hotel manager, and Laurie her trusty assistant, always go above and beyond to help us make our stay memorable. They are all about customer service and helping their guests in any way they can. The rooms at the Days Inn are clean and moderately priced. The location of this property is directly on the Atlantic, with a small water sports marina behind the hotel. There is a cute outside bar and it is always "happy hour" at the Days Inn. Keep up the great customer service Sherry and Laurie and we look forward to our return next year!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank waltonlake
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. Glad we could help make this trip enjoyable. You always have a great group with you and we are always happy to see you. We look forward to seeing you next year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I would give this establishment no stars if I could, but unfortunately Trip advisor makes you give at least one. The rooms are Very dirty and the hotel in general is not kept up well. Would not stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank FloridaFunSeekers

Travellers are raving about these Islamorada hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here May 2014 at one of the pool side suites with separate parking next to the suite. Very dirty ,dead bugs at the entry way. Shower had not been cleaned. There was empty shampoo bottles in the soap holder. The tiolet lid was not hooked on on one side. I asked for additional towels and put them on the floor to walk on to avoid walking on the dirty carpet and also so that my dog did not have to lay on them as well. We had no choice but to stay here because we needed a pet friendly room. The air conditioner was poor at best and did not cool the upper part of the room where the bed was. I also asked for new sheets as at this point I was skeptical. We went across the street to the Dollar Store and bought shower cleaner so I could do that myself before we actually used it. We did try to find another hotel but none were available that were pet friendly. Maybe the main part of the hotel is nicer but the seperate suite which we paid $279.00 a night for were not kept up at all. The remote for the TV had food on it and one of the dressers had grease from food , I am guessing.The furniture was stained and dirty and we did not sit on any of it. There was an exposed outlets at the head of the bed no cover on the outlet at all . Light bulbs were burned out in 4 of the lights in the room too.The suite was not pool side as they said. The Days Inn was next to a private home that played music on huge speakers setup outside from 10 am till 11 pm all weekend. We could hear it in our room most of the time. The good thing was we were not in our room that much.The back entrance to the suite led to a walk way and that led to the pool. When we opened the door that evening to walk our dog, red ants began running in to the room and we used Off Bug Spray ( that was all we had) to chase them out and stomped on all we could find that got in our room. We found out they had sprayed the main hotel for bugs several days before and so all the bugs were either dead that we had to deal with or they were runing to places that had not been treated /sprayed. That did explain the dead bugs we found in our room. I am 59 years old and have traveled a lot and stayed in many places that were not always perfect but this was the worst place I have every stayed at. Very dirty, very old and we were glad we had only made reservations for 2 nights as we had thougth about a 3rd night. We were in town for a wedding and left the morning after the wedding . I now understand why they insist on charging your credit card 24 hours before you arrive. Most hotels don't charge unless you miss your reservation time and I thougth this was odd but it was the Memorial Day holiday so I figured that was the reason. The staff was nice and I did discuss with the front desk the situation in the room and how bad it was. The manager was going to talk to me about it but I missed the manager both times I came to the front office. When we left I again talked to a person at the front desk and he assured me the manager would call me later since we were leaving. I never received a call as I felt some credit was due on this room because of the condition of it. I do plan to talk with them regarding a credit I feel is due .
Again perhaps the main hotel that has 4 floors is better kept up, cleaned and updated but the suites are very old and I would not ever stay at this hotel again. I did find out that 2 other wedding guest that were staying there checked out early and moved to another hotel. So I was not the only person who thougth this place was unacceptable. I did not check out the pool so I cannot commnet on that. My review is very honest and I would not suggest this place to anyone.

Room Tip: I have no tips to provide. Do not stay here
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank kathyd563
Lake Orion, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Everything was amazing about our stay. The view of the ocean was amazing and the pool was very refreshing. Our room was very clean and professional. The staff was outstanding and made it a wonderful experience. The location and overall atmosphere made it a great experience for my family and cannot wait to return for another outstanding stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We're glad you had the chance to stay in the ocean front building, the views are amazing. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit and hope you can spend a little more time with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed in the Oceanside high rise - 4th floor. Very clean - nice balcony - great to watch the sunrise from. Reasonably priced - very friendly staff. We're going back next month. Close to Loraleis and many other restaurants. CVS, a liquor store, and other stores (including a great little cigar shop) within walking distance. Watersport rentals available on property.

• Stayed May 2014
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and our hotel. We are very happy you had the chance to stay in the highrise with the wonderful ocean views and got to enjoy the convience of our location. Hope you get the chance to stop by again soon and stay with us.
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at this Days Inn and Suites in Islamorada Florida recently to celebrate my recent engagement. I was very impressed with the staff, rooms, atomsphere, and cleanliness. I spent two days in an ocean view high rise room that was spacious, clean with a really nice big bathroom. The people I met were super friendly and very kind. There was a gentleman named Art who kept me company at the pool for two days. He was a marvelous gentleman who gave great advice on restaurants, things to do and the history of the area. I really enjoyed my stay there and would go back again.

Room Tip: the high rises were very nice.....I would definitely recommend them for their view, size and general...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We're glad you enjoyed your engagement weekend with us and congratulations!. Art is a colorful addition to the pool staff and very knowledgeable on the area. Hope you have the chance to stop by again and stay a bit longer. Once again congratulations on your engagement
and best wishes.