“Good for the money”
Review of Sunset Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Sunset Inn
Ranked #10 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
houston
“Good for the money”
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Big room, clean, at a good price during spring break. I was in a front room & heard traffic all night, so I'll stay in a back room next time. A/C worked great. Locals eat at the restaurant next door & it was pretty good-homestyle cooking. Maid service every day.
I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Tiffin, Ohio
Reviewed 21 January 2011

Rooms are large and cheap by keys standards. Good, newer type air conditioner. Cleaning staff does a great job cleaning room every day(I am staying here now for 2 weeks). Retro bathroom with pink wall tiles is cool. New shower curtain, plenty of mirror space. In the room, New floral bedspreads, new curtains, air blasts cold air out in daytime and was a great heater at night. Walls are freshly painted-could use a few nice pictures on them. Refrigerator works great--very cold. Have had no noise from neighboring rooms. Close to everything. Bridge fishing nearby. Also, marinas, restaurants are close by. Found a great little Chinese take out place a block away, plenty of sit down restaurants too. The attached restaurant has decent microwaved food and high prices. It cost me over $9 for a waffle and coffee! Advise you go elsewhere to eat. As you can tell, I like this motel and will stay with them again next year I almost forgot to mention the pool. It is right out the back door and beautiful. Very clean and surrounded by palm trees. Plenty of reclining chairs.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2010

And not necessarily a bad thing. The rooms were quite large, very inexpensive and over all clean. Bad points were; one of the walls next to the bed was chipping paint from water damage I think, tub was a little rusty, 1 refrigerator but no microwave, no ice machines offered, noisy(I could hear everything going on in our neighbors rooms) and weeds growing all over the pool. But for 55.00 a night we just couldn't pass it up. Great for guys coming down for fishing thou, and maybe families on a tight tight budget(saves you money to go to the theater of the sea or maybe get jet ski rentals or something).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I was going to stay at the Blue Fin Inn but there was a mix up in the room and they gave me a room at the Sunset Inn for the same price. Deb was very accommodating and friendly. She showed us the room before we made the commitment to stay and I found it to be as nice as the Blue Finn Inn with a pool. My daughter loved it!

It's an older hotel but has all the charm and character you'd ever find. If your looking for a 5 star hotel (Hilton or a Radisson), this is not the place for you. But if you looking to stay at an affordable, clean place with all the charm of the Keys then I would highly recommend this place. I'm definetly going to stay here again on my next trip down to Islamorada.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Nice clean pool, park right at your room, super location. We will be going back again and again! Friendly staff and family owned. Not a fancy place and is an older hotel, but I have stayed 3 times and always been satisfied. Very peaceful and affordable. Pina coladas at sunset outside my room. A little slice of heaven.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 April 2010

At $85.00 with tax for one night, I'd rather sleep in my car then stay here again. We were driving to Key West and stopped here at about 8:15 PM to stop for the night. To start things off the front desk women is rude, I'd ask to view a room and she acted like it was a huge deal, we saw the room and none of the lights worked. We couldn't really see anything in the dark but it looked decent. When we went back to pay for a room we asked for a different one. The room we got was old and gross. I looked under the sheets and their was a couple hairs on the mattress. The carpet was stained and looked dirty. The bed was uncomfortable, we layed out towels and slept on top of them. Their was three doors going into our room... didn't make me feel safe! In the morning when we left their was a different women at the front desk and she was nastier then the women the night before!! Save your money, if you can't afford the higher priced rooms here, sleep in your car! Oh, we did swim in the pool and it was OKAY, closed at 9 PM though and didn't open until 9 AM.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank plp2325

Travellers are raving about these Islamorada hotels

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 March 2010

We spent one night here but it was extremely un-memorable. Luckily there was awesome dining within walking distance. No view and a run down feel to the whole place. The pool was pretty cool, but the entire place needed was some work and it would be decent for the cheap price. I would not recommend.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with friends