“Satisfied once again!”
Review of Sunset Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Sunset Inn
Ranked #10 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I had stayed at the Sunset Inn once before on a scuba diving trip. The price was right and it was just minutes away from the dive operator I was going to use this time around, so I booked it again. I was completely satisfied. Everything was clean and fresh. There's a super homemade ice cream place across the street, and you're within walking distance (just a few minutes) from the Lorelei.

There was Wifi only in the lobby of the hotel, but I think that they are working on getting a stronger coverage area so that it can be used in the rooms one of these days. But hey, for the price, I didn't mind sitting in the lobby to send a few emails while I was there.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 May 2011

Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and rooms are very quiet. Definitely a good value.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Big room, clean, at a good price during spring break. I was in a front room & heard traffic all night, so I'll stay in a back room next time. A/C worked great. Locals eat at the restaurant next door & it was pretty good-homestyle cooking. Maid service every day.
I'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2011

Rooms are large and cheap by keys standards. Good, newer type air conditioner. Cleaning staff does a great job cleaning room every day(I am staying here now for 2 weeks). Retro bathroom with pink wall tiles is cool. New shower curtain, plenty of mirror space. In the room, New floral bedspreads, new curtains, air blasts cold air out in daytime and was a great heater at night. Walls are freshly painted-could use a few nice pictures on them. Refrigerator works great--very cold. Have had no noise from neighboring rooms. Close to everything. Bridge fishing nearby. Also, marinas, restaurants are close by. Found a great little Chinese take out place a block away, plenty of sit down restaurants too. The attached restaurant has decent microwaved food and high prices. It cost me over $9 for a waffle and coffee! Advise you go elsewhere to eat. As you can tell, I like this motel and will stay with them again next year I almost forgot to mention the pool. It is right out the back door and beautiful. Very clean and surrounded by palm trees. Plenty of reclining chairs.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2010

And not necessarily a bad thing. The rooms were quite large, very inexpensive and over all clean. Bad points were; one of the walls next to the bed was chipping paint from water damage I think, tub was a little rusty, 1 refrigerator but no microwave, no ice machines offered, noisy(I could hear everything going on in our neighbors rooms) and weeds growing all over the pool. But for 55.00 a night we just couldn't pass it up. Great for guys coming down for fishing thou, and maybe families on a tight tight budget(saves you money to go to the theater of the sea or maybe get jet ski rentals or something).

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I was going to stay at the Blue Fin Inn but there was a mix up in the room and they gave me a room at the Sunset Inn for the same price. Deb was very accommodating and friendly. She showed us the room before we made the commitment to stay and I found it to be as nice as the Blue Finn Inn with a pool. My daughter loved it!

It's an older hotel but has all the charm and character you'd ever find. If your looking for a 5 star hotel (Hilton or a Radisson), this is not the place for you. But if you looking to stay at an affordable, clean place with all the charm of the Keys then I would highly recommend this place. I'm definetly going to stay here again on my next trip down to Islamorada.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Nice clean pool, park right at your room, super location. We will be going back again and again! Friendly staff and family owned. Not a fancy place and is an older hotel, but I have stayed 3 times and always been satisfied. Very peaceful and affordable. Pina coladas at sunset outside my room. A little slice of heaven.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Creekside Inn Islamorada
#3 of 19 in Islamorada
Cheeca Lodge & Spa
Cheeca Lodge & Spa
#6 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Sunset Inn? Share your experiences!