“Good Deal”
Review of Sunset Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Sunset Inn
Ranked #10 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My husband and I had to make a short trip to the Keys for some job interviews and were looking for a cheap place to stay. The cheapest place we could find was the Sunset Inn which thanks to off season rates was only $55 a night for weeknights. The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable, and the pool area was nice and refreshing. The owner, Dennis was very friendly and gave us some great recommendations for places to eat (Islamorada Fish Company and Mangrove Mikes). There is a great little cafe right beside the Sunset Inn called Mangrove Mike's which served a great, affordable breakfast. There is also a Burger King across the street too. The only downside was that the Inn is right next to the highway which means you hear cars all night, but other than that we had no problems and would definitely stay here again. It's a great place to stay for those on a budget and aren't looking for a luxury.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank gfaith09

Reviewed 26 July 2011

For only $95 we got a huge room at the last minute. We had tried several hotels in Islamorada and the prices were staggering - $150 per night. We had a good, one night stay in a clean and comfortable room. The reception was warm and welcoming and breakfast was well priced. The owner was able to recommend a great place to eat and watch the sunset (Lorelei's on the beach)- a must !

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2011

First, for one hundred thirty dollars for a Saturday and Sunday night stay, I did not expect the Ritz. I did, and always do, expect the rooms to be clean, cold, have a small frig, have decent towels, and to be treated as a guest. This is exactly what I got from Dennis, the Mgr, and the Sunset Inn. We had two double beds and were steps from the clean, sparkling pool. It is centrally located and an excellent restaurant, Mangrove Mike's, is attached to the property which offers an exceptional breakfast with a wonderful waitstaff,
Secondly, it compares with places like the Islander which would run one dollars more for the same ammenities. I can't wait to return. Thanks again Dennis!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are excellent and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BruceKeller
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I had stayed at the Sunset Inn once before on a scuba diving trip. The price was right and it was just minutes away from the dive operator I was going to use this time around, so I booked it again. I was completely satisfied. Everything was clean and fresh. There's a super homemade ice cream place across the street, and you're within walking distance (just a few minutes) from the Lorelei.

There was Wifi only in the lobby of the hotel, but I think that they are working on getting a stronger coverage area so that it can be used in the rooms one of these days. But hey, for the price, I didn't mind sitting in the lobby to send a few emails while I was there.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and rooms are very quiet. Definitely a good value.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Big room, clean, at a good price during spring break. I was in a front room & heard traffic all night, so I'll stay in a back room next time. A/C worked great. Locals eat at the restaurant next door & it was pretty good-homestyle cooking. Maid service every day.
I'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2011

Rooms are large and cheap by keys standards. Good, newer type air conditioner. Cleaning staff does a great job cleaning room every day(I am staying here now for 2 weeks). Retro bathroom with pink wall tiles is cool. New shower curtain, plenty of mirror space. In the room, New floral bedspreads, new curtains, air blasts cold air out in daytime and was a great heater at night. Walls are freshly painted-could use a few nice pictures on them. Refrigerator works great--very cold. Have had no noise from neighboring rooms. Close to everything. Bridge fishing nearby. Also, marinas, restaurants are close by. Found a great little Chinese take out place a block away, plenty of sit down restaurants too. The attached restaurant has decent microwaved food and high prices. It cost me over $9 for a waffle and coffee! Advise you go elsewhere to eat. As you can tell, I like this motel and will stay with them again next year I almost forgot to mention the pool. It is right out the back door and beautiful. Very clean and surrounded by palm trees. Plenty of reclining chairs.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Creekside Inn Islamorada
#6 of 11 in Islamorada
Chesapeake Beach Resort
Chesapeake Beach Resort
#14 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Sunset Inn? Share your experiences!