“good price good location good rooms good staff good pool”
Review of Sunset Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Sunset Inn
Ranked #10 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Tiffin, Ohio
“good price good location good rooms good staff good pool”
Reviewed 21 January 2011

Rooms are large and cheap by keys standards. Good, newer type air conditioner. Cleaning staff does a great job cleaning room every day(I am staying here now for 2 weeks). Retro bathroom with pink wall tiles is cool. New shower curtain, plenty of mirror space. In the room, New floral bedspreads, new curtains, air blasts cold air out in daytime and was a great heater at night. Walls are freshly painted-could use a few nice pictures on them. Refrigerator works great--very cold. Have had no noise from neighboring rooms. Close to everything. Bridge fishing nearby. Also, marinas, restaurants are close by. Found a great little Chinese take out place a block away, plenty of sit down restaurants too. The attached restaurant has decent microwaved food and high prices. It cost me over $9 for a waffle and coffee! Advise you go elsewhere to eat. As you can tell, I like this motel and will stay with them again next year I almost forgot to mention the pool. It is right out the back door and beautiful. Very clean and surrounded by palm trees. Plenty of reclining chairs.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2010

And not necessarily a bad thing. The rooms were quite large, very inexpensive and over all clean. Bad points were; one of the walls next to the bed was chipping paint from water damage I think, tub was a little rusty, 1 refrigerator but no microwave, no ice machines offered, noisy(I could hear everything going on in our neighbors rooms) and weeds growing all over the pool. But for 55.00 a night we just couldn't pass it up. Great for guys coming down for fishing thou, and maybe families on a tight tight budget(saves you money to go to the theater of the sea or maybe get jet ski rentals or something).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I was going to stay at the Blue Fin Inn but there was a mix up in the room and they gave me a room at the Sunset Inn for the same price. Deb was very accommodating and friendly. She showed us the room before we made the commitment to stay and I found it to be as nice as the Blue Finn Inn with a pool. My daughter loved it!

It's an older hotel but has all the charm and character you'd ever find. If your looking for a 5 star hotel (Hilton or a Radisson), this is not the place for you. But if you looking to stay at an affordable, clean place with all the charm of the Keys then I would highly recommend this place. I'm definetly going to stay here again on my next trip down to Islamorada.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Nice clean pool, park right at your room, super location. We will be going back again and again! Friendly staff and family owned. Not a fancy place and is an older hotel, but I have stayed 3 times and always been satisfied. Very peaceful and affordable. Pina coladas at sunset outside my room. A little slice of heaven.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 April 2010

At $85.00 with tax for one night, I'd rather sleep in my car then stay here again. We were driving to Key West and stopped here at about 8:15 PM to stop for the night. To start things off the front desk women is rude, I'd ask to view a room and she acted like it was a huge deal, we saw the room and none of the lights worked. We couldn't really see anything in the dark but it looked decent. When we went back to pay for a room we asked for a different one. The room we got was old and gross. I looked under the sheets and their was a couple hairs on the mattress. The carpet was stained and looked dirty. The bed was uncomfortable, we layed out towels and slept on top of them. Their was three doors going into our room... didn't make me feel safe! In the morning when we left their was a different women at the front desk and she was nastier then the women the night before!! Save your money, if you can't afford the higher priced rooms here, sleep in your car! Oh, we did swim in the pool and it was OKAY, closed at 9 PM though and didn't open until 9 AM.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank plp2325

Travellers are raving about these Islamorada hotels

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 March 2010

We spent one night here but it was extremely un-memorable. Luckily there was awesome dining within walking distance. No view and a run down feel to the whole place. The pool was pretty cool, but the entire place needed was some work and it would be decent for the cheap price. I would not recommend.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with friends
Scotland
Reviewed 9 March 2010

We Stayed here on our way down to Key West as it was cheap..Our room was in the main building with a rear door to the pool area as my wife has a mobility problem.Room was large with two beds and fridge although bathroom was dingy we thought with the high prices in the Keys you probably get what you pay for,or as it turned out later more than you pay for.
The cafe next door Mangrove Mikes was excellent value with great food and very friendly staff.We went to the Lorelei tiki bar at night great music ,food & sunset

On our way back from Key West it was getting late so we thought that we would stay another night,taking the cheaper room (a big mistake)as we would not be using the pool.This room was in an outbuilding next to the main building and on entering we found that only one of the three lights worked, in hindsight probably a marketing tool.The room was dingy and on moving across it later that night i kicked something which left a stain on the floor.On closer inspection it appeared to be a slug which I kicked outside the door which incidently did not have a working security lock causing us to spend the night with a large suitcase blocking the door.We awoke the next morning to find another one of these slugs on the bed.I photographed it and viewing the picture enlarged showed that it was in fact a millipede(non biting but apparently secreting a poison which could bring you out in a rash if touched) to think that one of usmight have rolled over onto it during the night gave us the creeps..When I showed the picture to the manager/owner? on leaving his response was"its a jungle down here ,we get everything even crocodiles" so I guess it could have been worse, no one wants a crocodile in their bed.When we return to the Keys next time we will be more careful about where we stay.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family