“Awesome place to stay in Marathon!”

Seascape Motel and Marina
Ranked #1 of 17 Marathon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We ended up here by accident and we were pleasantly surprised! I've been to the keys a few times and our stay at Seascape was one of my favorites! Of course the ocean view was gorgeous, as seen in the photos, but it was the staff that made it extra special! Ted and Sofia took amazing care of us and made our vacation this year one for the books! If anyone asks for a great place to stay in the keys, I will be sure to send them to the Sascape Motel and Marina!

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This place is owned and operated by the same people that had Valhalla. I stayed there 5-6 times a year for 4-5 years. One of the big differencesI noticed was how much more convenient it is if you need to make a purchase and it is in the middle of several of my haunts. The marina is quite
protected and you can get to the Vaca Cut Gulf access in any thing but a bad south wind.
We cooked fresh caught tuna on a grill in a very private area with good work space. The crew
on site are great to socialize with-if you travel alone you will feel at home right away. Easy to
Borrow a lime etc. or even a bottle of wine.

Room Tip: There are many different set- ups there- ask a lot of questions re/kitchens/ beds etc. and you will...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank William K
Reviewed 22 June 2013

A beautiful little place with great staff and owner!! They saved our family vacation this year and never gave it a second thought!! My sister wrote the perfect review already but I wanted to add my "excellent" rating as well!! Thank you so very much to Ted and Sofia at the Seascape Motel and Marina!! You are fabulous!!!!!!!
We can't wait to come back again next year, we know its only going to get better! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank JDLogan
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This year, 12 of us were SO excited for our trip to the Keys. When we arrived at our rental house we were shocked to find another family all moved in & hanging out. We discovered that the house had been double booked accidentally. This was a Friday night at 7 p.m. & I literally felt sick. We had 5 kids with us who were all devastated. We feared the vacation was over before it began. We called resorts, hotels, motels, vacation properties... anywhere we could think of that might be able to take us in. Just so that we didn't have to drive another 7 hrs back home or worse, sleep in our cars. We heard a lot of, "Sorry, we cant fit 12." & "Its too last minute."

Luckily, we knew about the Seascape from staying on Marathon previously. I decided to stop there & try to beg for their mercy. Immediately, I was greeted by Sofia, (who is now my favorite person) & then shortly after that by the owner, Ted (also awesome). They listened to my panicked version of events, but didn't even give me the chance to beg for mercy. They instantly grabbed the reservation calendar & started brainstorming. We were strangers at that point, showing up late, emotional, & desperate on their front porch, but they never treated us like strangers. They spoke like we'd been valued guests for years.

We planned to stay for 7 days (with our boat we'd pulled down to the Keys docked at the rental house), but at that moment we were willing to take any number of nights (seriously even 1 night would have been a relief), even if we had to find something else to do w/ the boat.

They did not have 7 days available to accommodate 12 people easily. New guests would be checking in almost as fast as the last guest checked out. Understandably helping us could not interfere with the other guests' reservations, but they still never showed any sign of giving up. It took some shuffling & rearranging on our part, and some EXTREME patience with us on their part (which was a blessing), but in the end they made it work. We enjoyed 2 large connecting suites. Everyone had their own comfortable beds, a kitchen in each suite w/ appliances, & all the comforts of home for the 7 days as planned.

I cannot even explain the appreciation our whole family feels for Seascape, Ted, Sofia, & all the staff literally saving our vacation from ruins. They could have said "Sorry, we can't help you," like everyone else did. They had no reason to scramble to help us, other than the fact that they are genuinely good people.

It was simply an added bonus that the motel & marina is beautiful & amazing. It is just off the main road (overseas hwy), tucked back in a charming & quiet waterfront neighborhood in the heart of Marathon. It is located blocks from anything you could possibly need (shopping, food, groceries, airport, activities...etc). It is 5 minutes from the best beach in the Keys (Sombrero Beach). They are an easy 45 min from Key West, but without all the noise & traffic Key West can provide. The marina has plenty of boat space between the two large docks. We were able to keep our boat just steps from our rooms, & easily accessible for fishing. They have a bait freezer & cleaning station at the dock. They even have a charter boat that can be rented for all kinds of outings. There is a pool running parallel to the ocean, which makes for a great view. A large grassy yard (w/ resident iguanas that love to pose for pictures) makes a nice place for fishing near the rocks. The corn-hole game on the pool deck makes for some good fun competition. Lots of relaxing seating can be found on both docks, the front patio, around the pool, and even on the balcony of our room. My favorite place to lounge has to be the oversized two person hammock that hangs directly at the edge of the ocean, between two big shady trees, at the furthest tip of the property's yard. All you can hear are the soft waves beneath you as you lounge there. It is so relaxing. The suites were large, clean, newly updated, and very comfortable. The a/c was nice & cool in both suites. That was a big relief after all day fishing, boating, and exploring the Keys in the FL heat.

Most importantly, I cannot say enough wonderful things about the owner & all the staff. They were more than willing to offer tips on local dining, activities, & entertainment. They make you feel so welcome that it begins to feel like a home away from home. Above all else, their outstanding customer service, kindness, willingness to help, & determination to make our vacation fun again make them the absolute BEST place to stay in the FL Keys!

We agreed that in the future we won't be looking to stay anywhere else. We will be back again to vacation next year and hopefully many more after that. Seascape Motel & Marina has definitely earned 12 new "regular guests" at their property.

Stay here and experience this for yourself. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Alisa R
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while coming up through the keys. The place is nice and quiet, easy to find. Accomodations were good, check in was friendly, price was good, parking convenient to room - only downside was our room looked like it may have been a room that could open into a suite - had a big board - not really a door. Not an issue except for one night when the other room was rented - and we could hear them late at night like they were in our room - only one night so no big deal. They have a pool and nice grounds to hang out and watch the water. If you have a boat, this is a good place to go to as they have a marina. We saw manatees in the water which was very cool - although kinda sad w/ all the scars from boats on them. Although off the path, convenient to many places - Sombrero beach, Turtle hospital, cracked conch cafe etc. (see our other reviews) Do yourself a favor and check this place out.

Room Tip: They have some upstairs rooms - avoid room that joins to another if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenLeCreate
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Hello travelers,
I know the Marathon (islands) very well as I have lived and worked there for 23 years. There are 5 islands that make up the area. I returned this year (2013) and my accommodations for the season were not quite ready. Lucky for me I know a guy that knows another guy.... Well I ended up staying with the crew of the Seascape Motel and did I ever choose wisely. Not only was the atmosphere pleasant,clean and quiet, the staff looked after my every need miles past my expectations. The pool is right there on the ocean looking south and with a east wind I was able to forget all that is mixed up these days. Sofia choose the room I stayed in but showed me a few of the others as the property has had some updates in the last few months.
If your in the Marathon area and need a nice place to (take in some island time) don't hesitate to call Sofia at (305)-743-6212. She and her team can point you in the right direction for fishing, diving, sight seeing ect. Have a nice time and RELAX.... Its the Keys !

Room Tip: They are all so different just look at what they have and I'm sure you'll find one you like.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed here a week in Mid-May, 2013. Found it by accident, and the BEST find I could have made. Away from the masses, a great view of the ocean, and a room for one that was cozy and had all I needed. The price was right too. A perfect place to "get away". The staff was very helpful, and made me feel like I was right at home. As Arnold said, "I'll Be Back". Thanks Seascape!!

Room Tip: A good getaway. You want to be alone, here it is....
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo