“Great Food... Service a little lacking”
Review of Lazy Days South

Lazy Days South
Ranked #25 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had lunch twice at Lazy Days and both meals were wonderful. The fish is fresh and prepared to your liking, sides are very good. Full bar has about anything you could need. It all drops off with the service. The first visit the server never checked back for drink refills or if we needed anything. The second visit the food runner dropped off the food and we had to ask for silverware.
There was no tartar sauce with the fish so I had to go and ask the hostess for it because the server was nowhere to be found. I can understand this when the place is packed, but there were only three or four other tables occupied.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We visited Lazy Days with a friend who lives in Marathon. The location is dockside and it has very nice western sunset views. The food, however, was a major disappointment. I had some mahi, which was decent but nothing to write home about. My buddy had some grouper which came with a heavy sauce that completely obliterated the fish. He only ate half and pushed it away. My other friend was also disappointed in her meal. Both stated the vegeatables were terrible and neither ate them. I had the sweet potato fries instead and they were great. I'll eat just about anything, and this was OK, but my meal also had way too much sauce overwhelming the fish. We ate at the Square Grouper several keys west the previous night. The food was much better and the prices were much cheaper. The table next to ours had the staff prepare a fish they caught and it looked pretty good. However, I won't repeat.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We ate our last night in the keys, the service was prompt, and flawless. I had the conch lazy days style, it is truly amazing! This dish is served as either a appetizer or dinner. My wife had the spinach salad with coconut shrimp and fried mozzarella . This was the most impressive salad I have ever seen. All the ingredients were among the freshest I've ever seen. We can't wait to return in the fall.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

If you go to Lazy Days and bring your own catch they do a great job of cooking it many different ways and serving it up. Especially cool if you have a group. Menu is large and so are the portions. The service can be hit or miss. Great view.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

One of the best seafood meals I've eaten Service was prompt, courteous. However for a Friday evening it seemed they were short of servers. Two girls for 12-14 tables, some with large parties had them scrambling. We got there early , and the crowd steadily built up after 6pm. Had to wait 15 minutes for out check which was incorrect and had to be done over. Outside of that it was a great experience. The food was great.