I hate writing this review, but this place was NOT what is shown on the website or in the photos. It is pretty much in a state of disrepair. We were there three nights, and I didn't feel clean the entire time, even though I showered every day. The carpets were disgusting - I never took off my flip flops. The sheets on the bed did not fit well and were old; the mattresses were old and not covered. They were also lumpy and lop-sided and I slept at a tilt! The bathroom floor tile was not clean; the wallpaper was coming off the walls; the cabinet doors below the sink were crooked. The tv came out of the 80s. The lighting next to the beds did not work.
The pool area was large, but not clean. The tiki bar closed at 5 p.m. The tennis court is covered in mud.
The one positive note is that the grounds were lush and tropical.
It was sad to see this old Florida hotel, which must have been beautiful at one time, in such a state of disrepair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Banana Bay Resort & Marina, a part of the B unlimited brand located in beautiful Marathon Key! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Banana Bay Resort and Marina Marathon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Bay Resort And Marina Marathon Hotel Marathon
- Banana Bay Resort And Marina Marathon Florida - Florida Keys