This resort was probably nice in the 80's but hasn't seen a coat of paint since then. As the other reviews stated, the stench of mildew is overwhelming once we entered the hallway to our room. Inside the room, the sink was teeming with ants, the twenty year old refigerator
was rusty and had a broken seal, the air conditioner was loud and ineffective, the carpets were dingy, and the mattresses had lost their form many years ago. The pool was ok but everything, such as the pool deck, tiles, and equipment looked faded, tired, and water stained. The beach area looks like it was damaged by the hurricanes several years ago and forgotten by the owners. The price we paid for the room ($140) was more than twice what it was worth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Banana Bay Resort & Marina, a part of the B unlimited brand located in beautiful Marathon Key! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Banana Bay Resort and Marina Marathon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Bay Resort And Marina Marathon Hotel Marathon
- Banana Bay Resort And Marina Marathon Florida - Florida Keys