“Take my word”

and 1 more site!
Bonefish Resort
Ranked #14 of 17 Marathon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Dont believe the good ones folks. My wife and I spent two nights here and it was far from pleasent. The only reason we stayed is because it was out only oppertunity to get away before soem time apart, that and the no refund policy. We only live two hours away and I was very ready to jump in truck and headhome with no quams at all. the trip actually turned into more of a test for the wife to make the best of things. The view from the beach was amazing, and the staff was pretty nice, but, pretty much all of the negative stuff here is true, holesin the wall, ants, bad AC, cracked tile, uneven floors, bad locks. I give mad props to the photograper who snapped the pics on the website. This place has mountains of potential, but right now the two rooms i seen were reminicent of an old trailer i once ived in. They should level the buildings and rent out camp sites, it would be more worth it. I frequent the keys all the time and have seen the quaint, and rustic fish camp like places, this place just needs to try harder. Fair warning travelers.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank steven r

Reviewed 20 August 2013

8/17/13 There was an " ocean front" studio. When we enter the smell of clorox bleach was nasty. I asked the customer service representative that date and she can not help me find another room. LA the furniture was dirty and smell bad. The floor was uneven and we can not be affordable and comfortable with our stay.
8/18/13 We spoke with the MAnager Tammy M and explained the situation. We asked her for our other day lef and she said there is a hotel policy for not return the money.

This was my first visit to the Keys and will be tha last due to a bad customer service and ugly conditions in this " resort"

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Nixelle
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I was there last weekend...ants in the room, roaches in the bed, crabs in the pool, beer bottles EVERYWHERE! The doors in our room didn't lock properly. ACs didn't work. We asked to speak to a manager and they wouldn't give me his name!

The desk clerk named Lisa agreed that she wouldn't pay the money that I paid for these horrible conditions for two days. I asked for my money back and they said no refunds, once you've paid, you're stuck!

I wouldn't recommend this place to ANYBODY!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Armando M
Reviewed 1 August 2013

First the pictures on this site isn't close to what the place is like. So called resort is in disrepair and quiet dangerous in many respects.
Rented the deluxe accomodations, moved to another room which was less dreadful but still pretty horrible. Ants in room, microwave didn't work, poorly equipped kitchen, television lost communication, dvd didn't work, ceilings falling down, sandspurs, 2 loud wall ac's and still hot, smelled moldy, could have been cleaner, Pool was not clean and even had a couple of crabs in it.
When I told management that I wanted to check out, I was told there was not a refund for early checkout.
The only plus was a beautiful view and met some nice folks and all had a good laugh at how deceiving the pictures were on the web sites.

My review, please folks, stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: The tip is, there are not any any good rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nanny651
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My boyfriend planned to stay here overnight as a present for my birthday. Unfortunately, neither of us read the reviews before we went down there. If I had seen them I certainly would have had my BF rethink booking the reservation. The room was very hot and there was an undersized window AC unit which we cranked down to 60 and it was not cooling the room at all. The smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling by the wires. The stove and the refrigerator did not appear to be connected and I would not use the silverware provided for all the money in the world. The shower stall had some crappy tile inlay at the bottom that was all moldy. There were no towels in the bathroom. There was a trail of bugs along the wall near the ceiling in the bathroom. There was nothing that would even resemble a resort or warranted the $12.00 resort fee. When I called the front desk from my cell phone, because there was no phone in the room I advised we would be leaving and I wanted a refund to which I received a very flat no. I am sure that was because the person I spoke with hears this all the time. When he went to check in my boyfriend overheard the person at the desk advising the caller "no refunds". So it is quite obvious people are complaining. The person at the desk then advised it sounded like I was looking for an upgrade. Really?! What is the upgrade? A room with towels? Bottom line is this place is advertising falsely and has a no refund policy in place because they know what a crappy establishment they are running. They should be ashamed of themselves. I am not sure how anyone can do business like this and look at themselves in the mirror. I plan to write a review on every web site this place is listed on and I have contacted the Marathon Chamber of Commerce and will contact the Better Business Bureau as well. The conditions in this place are deplorable. I think prisoners have better conditions.

Room Tip: I strongly advise you do not stay here! They call themselves a resort and do not even closely resemb...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Patricia K
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Oceanfront fabulous view. Small pool and beach BUT filthy. Mold, grime, sticky floors, at least 1/4 inch dust on everything. Paid in full and in advance and could not get refund immediately after seeing room. Bought bleach and Lysol and cleaned myself before staying in room. At the real laugh is a $12 per day "resort fee". Stay away.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Deborahro
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We found this hotel via Hotelclub.com as we didn't know at that time that there are other means to find accommodation. First we drove pas the place and when we entered the 'Resort' nobody was there. Reception closed but a handwritten note redirected us to the hotel next door where, surprisingly, we got a key. The room door hardly opened and the floor was more of an inclined plane. There was a sleeping room with just the bed, a sitting room with a hole in the wall. and a kitchenette. As the electrical installation didn't look very safe we didn't dare to use it.

So stay off!! Maybe the building has collapsed in the meantime.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple