“Don't stay here!!!!!”

Ranked #14 of 16 Marathon B&B and Inns
miami
“Don't stay here!!!!!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

we went for 2 nights, finally we stayed 1 (thanks God), the place is dirty, needs a lot of repairs, full of cockroaches, dirty plates, dirty bathrooms, unfortunately I didn't read this site until I had already paid for 2 nights, Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank peppermiami

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Homestead, Florida
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

The only thing I can say good about this place is the view God provides. The rooms are run down, one side of the room is lower than the other such that the bathroom door will not close. The "resort fees" are for wifi that does not work and cleaning the beach that is raised from the real beach. I really regret not reading the other reviews before making this reservation. Stay away! The cancellation policy has kept many a traveler from refusing the rooms and finding someplace else. I've stayed in better camp grounds.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Bob B

Travellers are raving about these Marathon hotels

Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Everything in all the other reviews pretty much sum this place up, unfortunately I didn't see this site until I had already paid for two nights. Looks like they made a small effort based on some of the older reviews to clean the place up a bit, but that is where it ends. To say this place needs a lot of work is a gross understatement, a small effort made in repairs would go along ways here folks! A fiberglass shower stall that had tiles glued to the bottom with loose tiles laying on top of other tiles and missing, not sure if they were put in with a dark grout or that was just black mold...disgusting! Think old trailer park that should have been torn down years ago and that sums it up. This place might seem like a bargain in the keys but after they tack on the extra $13 a night for "resort fees" its not that much cheaper than anywhere else. I have stayed in some crappy places in my life and this one ranks right up there with them. Do yourself a favor, if you are spending the time and money to travel to the Keys don't spoil your trip, pick another place...odds are in your favor of it being better than this!! Take a look at the photos below, more could be added of the broken door lock, rusted top on the mini fridge, undersized window AC unit that never stopped running, probably good that it didn't, it helped drown out the traffic noise from US1.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jocro2014
Homestead, Florida
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Dont believe the good ones folks. My wife and I spent two nights here and it was far from pleasent. The only reason we stayed is because it was out only oppertunity to get away before soem time apart, that and the no refund policy. We only live two hours away and I was very ready to jump in truck and headhome with no quams at all. the trip actually turned into more of a test for the wife to make the best of things. The view from the beach was amazing, and the staff was pretty nice, but, pretty much all of the negative stuff here is true, holesin the wall, ants, bad AC, cracked tile, uneven floors, bad locks. I give mad props to the photograper who snapped the pics on the website. This place has mountains of potential, but right now the two rooms i seen were reminicent of an old trailer i once ived in. They should level the buildings and rent out camp sites, it would be more worth it. I frequent the keys all the time and have seen the quaint, and rustic fish camp like places, this place just needs to try harder. Fair warning travelers.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank steven r
Reviewed 20 August 2013

8/17/13 There was an " ocean front" studio. When we enter the smell of clorox bleach was nasty. I asked the customer service representative that date and she can not help me find another room. LA the furniture was dirty and smell bad. The floor was uneven and we can not be affordable and comfortable with our stay.
8/18/13 We spoke with the MAnager Tammy M and explained the situation. We asked her for our other day lef and she said there is a hotel policy for not return the money.

This was my first visit to the Keys and will be tha last due to a bad customer service and ugly conditions in this " resort"

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Nixelle
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I was there last weekend...ants in the room, roaches in the bed, crabs in the pool, beer bottles EVERYWHERE! The doors in our room didn't lock properly. ACs didn't work. We asked to speak to a manager and they wouldn't give me his name!

The desk clerk named Lisa agreed that she wouldn't pay the money that I paid for these horrible conditions for two days. I asked for my money back and they said no refunds, once you've paid, you're stuck!

I wouldn't recommend this place to ANYBODY!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Armando M
Placida, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2013

First the pictures on this site isn't close to what the place is like. So called resort is in disrepair and quiet dangerous in many respects.
Rented the deluxe accomodations, moved to another room which was less dreadful but still pretty horrible. Ants in room, microwave didn't work, poorly equipped kitchen, television lost communication, dvd didn't work, ceilings falling down, sandspurs, 2 loud wall ac's and still hot, smelled moldy, could have been cleaner, Pool was not clean and even had a couple of crabs in it.
When I told management that I wanted to check out, I was told there was not a refund for early checkout.
The only plus was a beautiful view and met some nice folks and all had a good laugh at how deceiving the pictures were on the web sites.

My review, please folks, stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: The tip is, there are not any any good rooms.