“Love everything about it,”
Review of Ranch House Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marathon
Ranch House Motel
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Marathon
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We'll said John B and Sean-Indy, thanks for the referral. Noise not a problem, great sleep with windows open. No smoking or pets, the latter not common in our searches in FL. A plus for the allergic. Has anyone mentioned the shuffleboard??? Loved it! Also loved supporting a local small business owner who so obviously appreciates her clientele.

Room Tip: Stayed in 5 and 10. Both spotless, 5 roomier and completely updated. 10 sleeps 3 and is at the end...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank ERB52
There are newer reviews for Ranch House Motel

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were on our way through to Key West and wanted a place to rest for the night. The Ranch was exactly what we wanted! Very clean, great location, more than adequate parking, very nice family run business. If you are looking for a large hotel with all the amenities such as a pool, breakfast, wifi and so on this may not be the place for you. I will say on our entire two week trip the Ranch was by far the cleanest and friendliest place we stayed!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank JohnB12344
Reviewed 6 February 2014

There aren't too many motels left like Ranch House. It's like stepping back in time to the 1950s. But that's not bad at all here. This great little motel has been updated appropriately (wifi, flat screen TV with cable, A/C, etc.) but it has all the old-time American charm of Florida before the corporate mega resorts showed up. Parking is right at your door. And Diana and her daughter are two of the nicest innkeepers you'll ever meet. Seriously, it was like staying with a relative. One that you like. Did I mention that it's clean? I mean C-L-E-A-N. The only downside is that it's a bit near the road (US 1). At night the traffic gets lighter and it's not bad. And if you've got the windows shut and the A/C on you probably won't even notice. But we did. I was going to just rate it "Very Good" based on the traffic, but that might not bother everyone. And the price, cleanliness, quaintness & great hostess more than make up for that. So it's an easy "Excellent" for us, traffic notwithstanding.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sean-Indy
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I had a similar experience to the previous reviewer, "Nostalgic Memories." My husband and I also visited Marathon and the lower Keys over New Year's. We drove onto the Keys one evening intending to catch a sunset near Islamorada and then, because we had no reservation, drive back out to find a place to stay. However, we just kept going ... and found ourselves in Marathon. I usually stick with chains if I have not had the opportunity to research local hotels before taking a vacation. In this case, I am so happy I learned that a spur-of-the-moment stop at a local property can offer so much more. An older property, the Ranch House offered everything that we needed at a fraction of the prices being charged by the few hotels that still had availability over the holiday. The owner was very friendly and welcoming. The room, with its paneled walls and tiled floors and shower, was incredibly clean with a comfortable bed, flat-screen TV and small refrigerator. We found the location perfect for visiting Sombrero Beach and Bahia Honda State Park, as well as making a day trip to Key West. I will definitely return on our next visit to the Keys and also recommend the motel to others.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chalupamom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I am a native Floridian and have travelled the State for many years, since my childhood in the 60s and 70s. This trip, I went to Marathon for diving, fishing and taking in the revelry of Key West on New Years Eve. I visited at a time that most other motels in the Keys were booked and those rooms that were available had rates quadruple what Diana (the sweet, down-to-earth owner) offered me for a 4 night stay. Even though the room was very austere, with décor like I remembered from the 1970s (with beautiful stained pine panel walls and pink tile walk-in shower), the nostalgia and easy access was just what I was looking for, since I was in the Keys to experience the ocean and not hang out in a motel room. I would have given the stay a 5, but the beds were too firm and the AC unit was noisy. However, Diana's kindness and hospitality was notable, as was the great ice machine, allowing me to fill my cooler each day. I would recommend this motel for anyone looking for a place like it used to be, before the corporate giants took over the Hotel industry.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hank C
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel based solely on reviews. I sure am glad these reviews were correct. This is a older locally owed motel. Although it is dated it is by no means outdated. My room had recently been renovated with new tile throughout. the room was in immaculate shape. The towels were great and the sheets smelled great. Diana was a great and friendly. I met her daughter and son-in-law also. If I was riding by I would not have stopped but I'm glad I stayed here. It's close enough to Key West to ride down during the day and stay in Marathon at night. The property is quite although their is non stop traffic on Hwy 1, with the a/c on I was unable to hear any of it. I would have slept with the windows open if it weren't for the traffic noise.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank im4jesus
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

I am very leary of local hotels based on reviews. Stumbled across Ranch House and thought I would give it a try. I usually stay at Holiday Inn Express but felt that it was too high priced for what you get. Diane is a very nice lady that gives personal service that is refreshing. You can tell she takes pride in her establishment. The rooms are clean! I would recommend this to anyone that wants a clean and basic place to stay at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2013