“More Quantity than Quality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marathon
Jolly Roger RV Resort
Ottawa
“More Quantity than Quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

Typical private RV park. We were in the older area where the sites are tight with a concrete pad and mostly dirt. We felt like packed sardines. Difficulty getting in and out with our 30 foot fifth wheel. Our site 141 backed on to the "Bark Park" which was noisy first thing in the morning and numerous times throughout the day making it difficult to sit outside and relax. Ladies washroom stalls have shower curtains instead of doors and only two showers. Pool is very nice, swimming area on the gulf is not. Boat launch would be convenient with people who have boats. Newer area had larger sites with grass and brick patio, although no trees. Much prefer the ambiance of state parks. Would stay there again if I had to for one or two nights in the newer section.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CarolynGROttawa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Guelph, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

Wow the 70's! The park itself was nice but typical for a private RV style park. Not many trees, lots of big trailers and motorhomes. We camped in a tent on the island, view was great. Arrived on Christmas Eve and the office was closed, the note they left for us told us to check in the next day, however, the sign on their door read they would not reopen the office until December 27th. This led to other problems such as soap and toilet paper dispensers running out of supplies. The bathroom/laundryroom were a little rundown. There were no doors on the bathroom stalls, shower curtains only.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TDItravelers
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

We took a much needed vacation October 4th – October 8th 2012. We landed at Jolly Roger Travel Park and were immediately impressed with the park. They had everything we needed (boat ramp, boat slips, bath house, ice, etc.) The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. It was a laid back atmosphere and the park was exceptionally clean. We will be back!

Room Tip: Go check out the lobster on the bottom of the sea wall
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed at Jolly Rogers for a week in mid August 2009 overall I enjoyed the experience. The location was great with a beautiful view as our site was right on the water. We could literally look out the right onto the water. Also another thing that my family enjoyed was looking at the lobster on te seawall at night we must have seen atleast 20! The only complaint that I had was that the site was a little narrow but it's definitely not a deal breaker.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Kelsey F
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

My hubby and I have been going to the keys for years and have stayed at the Jolly Roger for the last 13 years! We have already made two trips down this year. Angie, Debbie and Mike are awesome hosts and make you feel like family! The brand new pool and surrounding landscape is beautiful. Sunsets are awesome and floating, snorkeling or just standing in the gulf is enjoyable every day! I recommend this park to everyone I talk with about RVing!!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Connie S
Cape Coral
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

First of all, the lady who checked me in was very nice and friendly. BUT it only takes one incident to spoil the whole stay. My son and I spent the whole day fishing and came back to the site we rented about 9PM. We planned on sleeping in our van. When we got to our small site an SUV was illegally parked in front of our concrete slab. I had to back in between the illegally parked vehicle and the huge 5th wheel parked legally on the other side. After squeezing into my paid site I proceeded to look for the phone number of the travel park. Called the local number but was cutoff before I could leave a message. Tried the emergency number and left a message. Sat around waiting for a golf cart to pull up and a camp host would help resolve the problem. No one came. Some emergency number! The next morning I went to the office and they knew about the problem because they had just listened to the emergency message I had left!!! About 12 hours later!!! Told me they couldn't do anything about the situation. No compensation for the wrong done to me? Should not the camp host mediate for me and approach the illegal parker or compensate me at least 40%-50% of the nightly fee? It is the principle of the thing! I was wronged and management didn't care! I was inconvienced!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank MATT11Florida
Newberry, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Jolly Roger was great! The pool is amazing...so beautiful. The sites are big and comfortable with great views. The best part is the staff. They helped us park and pull out and very few campgrounds offer that service. I am going back because it is reasonable and a great place to just hang out with their views of the bay and the sunset. LOVED IT!

Room Tip: Just go and you will have a great time!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ana r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
#1 of 1 in Key Colony Beach
Courtyard Marathon Florida Keys
Sunshine Key RV Resort & Marina
Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina

Been to Jolly Roger RV Resort? Share your experiences!